5.

Derek had noticed Meredith was more off since he didn't believe the sounds she was hearing.

She had kept hearing it throughout the night causing her not to sleep.

She had been running around the house trying to find the sound and he had to keep bringing her back in bed.

The sound was apparently in Charlotte's room, except this time it sounded like someone was tapping from inside the wall.

The next morning she was distant and tired.

Once again he couldn't find her half the time. He paged her, but he didn't hear from her.

She didn't eat lunch or dinner in the cafeteria.

He had checked on Charlotte a couple of times and she said that Meredith had come to see her a couple of times during the day.

She always seemed to be busy when he needed to find her.

***

It was the end of the day now and Derek hadn't seen Meredith for hours.

The last he heard of her was from Charlotte saying her mom came to say goodnight to her before leaving.

She also told Charlotte that Derek was going to be taking her home alone and that she had to go somewhere.

She hasn't said where but he figured it would have been work-related.

So he took Charlotte home, made her dinner and put her to bed.

He went into the living room took out his phone and began to call Meredith.

He tried calling her multiple but she never answered. He left her a couple of messages.

He tried tracking her phone but it just showed that she was in the middle of nowhere.

Since Meredith wasn't answering her phone he decided to call Alex to see if he knew where she was.

"Hello?" Alex answered the phone.

"Karev, have you seen Meredith, or do you know where she is?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's with me, we're in the middle of the road with a mother and a newborn, why?" Alex said.

"Is everything okay over there, she's fine?" He asked, a little worried.

"Yeah, everything's good over here, everyone's stable and Mers fine. Do you want to talk to her?" He asked.

"I don't think Meredith wants to talk to me right now. Just let her know I called and I want to talk when she gets home," he said.

"Alright, got it," he said before hanging up the phone.

He turned off his phone and went up to bed. He took a hot shower before he got dressed into his pyjamas and got into bed.

A couple of hours after Derek went to bed, Meredith got home from the hospital.

She checked on Charlotte once before going into the bathroom to take a shower.

She got ready and got into bed.

"How long were you out there for?" Derek asked.

"I don't know, five hours. I thought you were asleep?" She said.

"Why didn't you tell me you had to leave for an emergency?" He asked.

"I told Charlotte and I knew she'd tell you. And it was an emergency, I didn't have time to tell you I had to go. I heard you call Alex," she said.

"I wanted to know where you were, the only person you told where you were was our daughter," he said somewhat upset.

"Because I knew you'd understand, she wouldn't. And since I didn't have the time to tell you I wanted to tell her and she would tell you," she sighed tiredly.

"You could have texted me while you were in the ambulance or called me. Meredith, I didn't know where you were for hours," he said.

"Well, where did you think I was, in a ditch somewhere? I'm fine, I was working, it was last minute. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but there wasn't much time," she argued.

"Fine, let's just go to sleep," he sighed as he gave in.

"Fine," she sighed and closed her eyes, finally falling asleep.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Suggestions???