Part 1

I own nothing.

"Talking."

'Thinking.'

[Hit's technique]

*sound/monster*

«Magic»

NOTE: If you're seeing this and have not read the main story, please consider checking it out 😊

This story here is separate and revolves around an equally likely scenario, where our fighters ascend straight away after defeating Goliath. Here, the journey back is a little... stranger. The hijinks won't vary much from the source, but I doubt that many of you can remember the OVA; I know I didn't. This isn't canon, so I can be sillier.

Also, if you do not like fan service, please do not read this; I am simply following the context of the ova.

***

Blue light shimmered across obsidian clusters on the walls of the 11th floor, reflecting the passage of a relatively large group of adventurers. These weary individuals were returning to the surface after their momentous battle on the 18th floor and were still basking in the gravity of their achievement. The god Hermes and his familia captain, Asfi Al Andromeda, led the group through the dimly lit earthen corridor. Hermes had an aloof aura, as always, and chuckled as he traipsed along. "Man, that battle was fierce! But... I wish we could have relaxed a bit while we were still there..."

His tired companions agreed with him for once, and instead appreciated the soothing company of those around them. Bell and Hestia strode along, hand in hand, whilst Lili carried an enormous pack, grumbling at them. Welf walked behind her, followed by the Takemikazuchi familia members. Ouka and Chigasa walked side by side, with the short girl hugging Ouka's trunk-like arm to provide support. The action did not provide much physical support to Ouka's tired body; however, the cute girl's proximity gave him more than enough energy to keep marching on.

Ryuu was at the rear, her green cloak open to expose a wooden sword and twin katanas, either for lethal or non-lethal purposes. The elf held an emotionless façade, yet her eyes drifted to the side from time to time towards an intimidating boy, his fierce exterior lessened greatly by bright lavender clothing. This warrior, displaced from an entirely separate universe, was Hit. He walked silently, as always; however, his face had twisted into a frown of annoyance.

At the front, Hermes continued to chat aimlessly, ceaselessly rambling on about anything that popped into his overinflated head. "Us gods hardly ever get to do anything this fun, am I right Hestia? I'll have to tell all my buddies! Oh, wait, this is supposed to be a secret... damn. How about a souvenir! Ooooo, what's that over there, Asfi?"

'This bastard just won't shut up.' Hit grimaced and huffed as he strode alongside Ryuu, feeling incredibly regretful that he decided to join these pests. He had been feeling ecstatic following Goliath's defeat and had not really considered any downsides to joining the group. Bell's sudden and honest offer had also managed to sway him while his guard was down. Had he had a proper rest, Hit would have considered how annoying it would be to become stuck in a confined space with Hermes.

Ahead, Lili had enough of Hestia and Bell's alone time, and butted in; the pallum grasped Bell's other arm, pulling him towards her slightly. "Honestly, if stupid Goddess Hestia hadn't tagged along, master Bell and I could have taken our sweet time making our way home together!"

Hestia hugged Bell even more firmly, pressing herself against him. "What!? Of course, Bell wants to rush back! He wants to keep me safe and spend time with me at home!" The Goddess hauled Bell towards her.