Chapter Nineteen

~Vanessa's POV~

Home sweet home. I walked through the door to our house as Laura followed me, stumbling with all of our bags.

"It's fine, Ness. I got the bags." Laura said, sarcastically.

I laughed and grabbed some bags from her. "Why do these feel heavier than when we left?"

"Probably because we met Rydel and Maia, and you know those girls can shop." Laura replied and I nodded. "Speaking of Maia, what time do we have to pick her up from the airport?"

Maia went back to Miami after the tour so she could get her stuff. She was flying out here as soon as she could.

 "I think about eight. So, we have plenty of time to unpack." I frowned and so did Laura. "Or we can leave the unpacking and be lazy."

"I like the second option." She grinned.

 So, that's how Laura and I ended up on the couch surrounded in blankets and junk food, watching 10 Things I Hate About You. It's basically about two sisters, one of them is the meanest girl in school while the other is super nice. A new guy comes to their school and wants to date the nicer sister but her father made a rule that she can't date until her sister does. So the new guy tries to find her sister a date. It's pretty much as cliche as they get, but it's really good.

"I gotta say, I think Bianca is my favourite character." Laura confessed.

 I scoffed. "No way. Kat is the best. She doesn't take crap from anybody, and she's really independent. Bianca is just your typical girly-girl."

"Yeah but she does punch Joey for herself and her sister. She's a good person." Laura replied.

 I opened my mouth to reply but my phone ringing cut me off. "Hello?"

 "Hey babe." Riker greeted.

 "Oh, hey Riker. What's up?"

 "Not much, we all just finished unpacking. Are you unpacked?" He asked.

I glanced at our bags that were still lying on the floor then at Laura. "Uh, sure."

 "And by that you mean you decided to leave the packing and watch movies and eat junk food with Laura." He guessed.

 "I feel like you know me too well." I said and he laughed. 

"Ness, Maia just text. She's at the airport." Laura informed me.

"Sorry Riker, I have to go. Laura and I are going to pick Maia up from the airport." I told him.

"Okay, but before you go, I want to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Go on a date with me tomorrow?"

I instantly smiled. "Is that a question or a demand?"

"Well, it's a question, but I'm not giving you a choice." He joked, laughter lacing through his voice. 

"Okay," I laughed.

"VANESSA!" Laura yelled.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back then lowered my voice. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I'll pick you up at noon." We said our goodbyes and hung up.

I put on my jacket and shoes  before grabbing my car keys. "You ready?" I asked Laura who nodded. We headed out the door, and drove to the airport.

Maia was stood outside with her luggage as we arrived; she grinned once she saw us and Laura and I got out of the car to help her with her stuff.

"Hey." I smiled as Laura and I hugged her. "How was your flight?"

"It was alright." She replied, getting in the car once we'd loaded it up with her luggage. "I suppose you guys had a fun day unpacking."

Laura scoffed. "Oh how little you know us."

The rest of the drive home was pretty quiet apart from the radio playing and some mindless chatter between us. After we got home, we decided that we were too tired to bring Maia's stuff in so we'd do it tomorrow. She brought in one suitcase so she'd have at least some pajamas and a change of clothes, plus her necessities.