Chapter Ten

~Laura’s POV~

Well, I think this might be the most awkward situation I’ve ever been in. I was lying on the floor with Ross on top of me, and Vanessa, Maia, Riker and Rocky staring at us in shock. Ross stood up and held his hand out to me; I gratefully accepted.

“You’re probably wondering what just happened,” I gave them a nervous laugh.

Vanessa nodded. “Kinda.”

“Wait a minute, have you guys been in here the whole time?!” Ross asked.

“Don’t try and change the subject, Lynch!” Vanessa said, narrowing her eyes at him.

“One minute you guys were yelling then we heard a bang, the next thing we know you guys are kissing. What the hell?!” Maia asked, shocked.

“Well,” I began.

~Flashback~

“Would you please just tell me what I’ve done, Laura? This argument could be over and done with!” Ross begged.

I crossed my arms. “What are you going to do when you get a girlfriend? She’s not going to tell you when you’ve done something wrong, you know!”

“Well, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.” He replied. “Would you please tell me?”

“Alright fine, you want to know what’s wrong?!”

“Yes!”

I looked at him angrily. “I overheard you last night telling Riker about how you don’t like me and it’s all fake the way you’re nice to me. Happy now?”

“Are you freaking kidding me, Laura?! I was telling him about how worried I was that, that’s what you thought!” He explained.

Oops. I guess Vanessa was right.

“I thought we cleared up the fact that I’m not the type of person I was when we first met? Why didn’t you just ask instead of jumping to conclusions?” He asked.

“I was angry, okay? I didn’t want to see you, let alone speak to you. Then Vanessa told me that it’d be easier if I acted like nothing was wrong.”

“You didn’t do a very good job.”

“Yes, thank you Ross.” I glared at him. “I’m sorry, okay? But why would you been even worried about that? We’re friends, I trust you. I think it’s pretty clear...”

I was cut off and the next thing I knew, my back was pushed up against the door and Ross’ lips were on mine.

~Present day~

“Maybe we should leave them to talk.” Riker suggested and the others agreed. They quickly left and Ross sat down on Vanessa’s bed.

“Remember when we first met and I told you to do your thing and I’ll do mine?” He asked and I nodded. Pfft, how could I forget? “And then I told you I didn’t want to spend every minute with you? And I’d have sent you away at the door?”

“Where are you going with this, Ross?” I asked.

“I was really rude, and really, really wrong.” He replied.

I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, I love spending time with you. I do want to spend every minute with you and I would have never sent you away at the door.”

“What are you saying, Ross?”

He stood up, “I’m saying that I really like you, Laura.”