𝟑

❣︎

ADRIANA

It was now Monday, and I was getting ready for school.

I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water soothe my muscles while making sure not to wet my hair.

The steam enveloped me, providing a temporary escape from the worries that had plagued me since yesterday.

Afterward, I dried off and styled my hair into curls, securing them neatly.

I slipped into my uniform and my all-black Converse, feeling a strange mix of normalcy and anxiety.

Heading downstairs, I found everyone already gathered at the breakfast table.

The usual clatter of cutlery and soft murmurs filled the air, but today, there was an underlying tension that was hard to ignore.

Dante greeted me with a warm smile and placed a plate of food in front of me—eggs, bacon, and toast.

"Good morning, Adriana," he said, his voice a touch too cheerful. An orange juice was already waiting by my plate.

I sat down and started eating, trying to shake off the unease. "Morning, everyone."

The usual morning chatter was there, but it felt forced.

Dad, Leonardo, Dante, Nico, Matteo, and Luca were all present, but their eyes held a hint of something else—worry.

"Adriana," my father called, drawing my attention. His tone was serious, making my heart skip a beat. "After school today, we will be temporarily moving to another house."

I frowned, confusion and concern rising within me. "Why? What's going on?"

Dad sighed and finally told me about the threatening letter that had arrived yesterday. "One of our enemies know about you, and we need to ensure your safety."

Leonardo added quickly, "You're safe, Adriana. Nothing will happen to you."

Despite their reassurances, fear settled in my chest. The idea of being targeted was terrifying.

I nodded, trying to absorb the information. My mind raced with questions, but I didn't press further.

The gravity of the situation was clear enough.

❣︎

   The school day dragged on, each class passing in a blur as I tried to focus on anything other than my mounting anxiety.

By the time the final bell rang, I was mentally exhausted.

   Nico was waiting for me at the school's entrance, leaning against his car with Matteo in the passenger seat and Luca in the back.

"Ready to go?" Nico asked as I approached.

I nodded, sliding into the backseat next to Luca.

   The drive was quiet, the weight of our situation hanging heavily in the air. Sensing my nervousness, Luca turned to me with a small smile.

"Hey, Adriana, let's play I Spy," he suggested. "It'll take your mind off things."

I smiled back, appreciating his effort. "Sure. I'll go first. I spy with my little eye... something green."

Luca looked around thoughtfully. "The trees?"

"Yep, you got it."

We continued the game, the simple distraction helping to ease my nerves a bit.