𝟕

❣︎

ADRIANA

I lay in bed for another 20 minutes, scrolling through my phone.

   I opened up the group chat with my best friends, Cassie, Summer, and Evelyn, and quickly typed out a message.

C A E S

Me - hey i'm not gonna be back for a while i'm in málaga.

Cassie - what?!!

Summer - wait what!? when did this happen?

Evelyn - málaga?? why didn't you tell us?

Me - it was all really sudden, romans hugos and raúls families are also here

Cassie - YOU'RE ON HOLIDAY WITH ROMAN!?

Summer - 😱😱

Evelyn - isn't it awkward after your almost kiss?

Me - we haven't spoken about it yet

Summer - i think roman likes you

Me - i don't think so

As I typed the last message, my thoughts wandered.

Even if Roman did like me, he was so close to my brothers.

It would be complicated, and my heart ached at the thought of the barriers between us.

C A E S

Cassie - girl, if he does, you need to go for it!

Evelyn - seriously, life is too short to worry about what others think

Summer - yeah, especially when it comes to love

   I sighed, putting my phone down, staring at the ceiling. I knew they were right. But knowing and acting on it were two different things.

I picked up my phone again and decided to change the subject.

C A E S

Me - anyway i'll keep you updated miss you guys

Cassie - miss you too! have fun and don't forget to flirt a little 😉

Evelyn - yeah, keep us posted!

Summer - enjoy your holiday adriana, miss u 2

With a small smile, I put my phone aside, feeling a little lighter.

   My friends always knew how to make me feel better. Even with all the complications, maybe this holiday wouldn't be so bad after all.

   Reluctantly, I got out of bed and made it, smoothing the luxurious covers and fluffing the pillows to perfection.

   My room decorations were due to arrive today, and the thought brought a small smile to my lips. It would finally start to feel like my own space.

I wandered into the bathroom and turned on the shower, watching as steam filled the room.

Standing under the hot water, my mind replayed the revelation from the previous night.

Everyone now knew about my past, and I regretted instructing my father to tell them.

   The weight of their knowledge felt oppressive, like an invisible shroud clinging to my skin. But there was no undoing it.

   I massaged my scalp with the rich lather of shampoo, trying to focus on the soothing sensation instead of my swirling thoughts.