Chapter 1

The surroundings were pitch black and unusually quiet.

(T/N: 棠鲤 (Táng Lǐ) - can mean crabapple carp/ Tang carp.)

Tang Li found a comfortable position inside the eggshell, curled up with his tail in a small ball, and closed his eyes, counting carefully: "I spent 500 Luck Coins in the last world to buy an invisibility item, and now I have 8888 Luck Coins left."

【Yes, the item to transform legs costs 10,000 Luck Coins. If nothing unexpected happens, you should be able to save enough in this world o v o ! 】 The system's cheerful voice immediately followed.

"Has the information and task for this world arrived yet?" Tang Li asked.

【The headquarters is still transmitting it, it should arrive soon.】

【There are many mermaid eggs of various sizes around you. In this world...... you should be born as a pup, so you won't need to disguise yourself as someone else. It will be much easier.】

Tang Li nodded and yawned.

Not having to pretend to be someone else would indeed be much easier. He was not very good at acting anyway.

【Sleep now, when you wake up, you'll need to start your tasks.】

Tang Li murmured in agreement, hugged his tail tighter, and fell into a deep sleep in the quiet darkness.

He was originally a little mermaid with a "defective" tail, growing up in a very small sea.

In his world, all mermaids had dazzling golden tails, and at a certain age, they would transform into legs to walk on land and other seas, using their healing abilities to help more lives.

But his tail had been a light warm orange since birth and had always been unable to transform into legs.

He dreamed of transforming into legs and visiting other places.

Rather than staying in that tiny patch of sea, watching batch after batch of newly born little mermaids transform and leave.

It was at this time that something called the system told him—he was a little mermaid with a koi buff, able to bring good luck to those around him.

And as long as he obediently completed the system tasks—bringing good luck to the "target" in each world—he could earn Luck Coins to exchange for the item that would transform his tail into legs from the store.

To transform into legs and step onto the land he had longed for, Tang Li began to diligently travel to each world to complete tasks.

This was already the tenth world.

He was only a little over a thousand Luck Coins away from saving up enough for the transformation item, so he could... finally step onto the land he had longed for and feel the gentle embrace of flowers and grass under his feet.

-

-

He didn't know how long he had slept, but Tang Li suddenly felt a dizzying whirl, and his head hit the eggshell hard. The initial dizziness cleared up instantly.

"What happened?" Tang Li's eyes were still brimming with tears from the pain of the impact. He pressed his hands against the inner wall of the eggshell, his tail tip curled slightly.

He didn't know what was poking at the egg he was in, but fortunately, after waking him up, it seemed to quiet down a bit.

He could still feel that something was squatting by the egg and had not left.