Chapter 3

Shen Yaochuan carefully cradled the pristine siren egg as his uncle pushed his wheelchair toward the siren nursery—to learn about all the matters related to the adoption process for a siren child and also to have a meal, since it was his birthday and he rarely returned to the sea domain.

The nursery was filled with fragile siren eggs of various sizes, and it was a restricted access area. Luo Chen and the others couldn't accompany them, and so they left.

The seabed was still too cold for humans, and even with protective equipment, it couldn't dispel their fear of the deep sea.

As they were leaving, a green-tailed siren turned back and winked at Shen Yaochuan.

Shen Yaochuan immediately understood, mouthing silently—"That's enough."

That siren made an "OK" gesture and then turned to leave with Luo Chen and the others.

After that siren left, Shen Xun laughed, "Disgraceful thing. Instead of wasting time here, he'd be better off going to a Host club to learn how to please his Second Princess."

Uncle Shen Xun was his father's younger brother, an S-class mental power user known for his sharp tongue. He once engaged in a three-day-three-night online argument, with the post frequently resurfacing on the Blue Star forum's front page.

After becoming the regent, he became more restrained, choosing not to speak in certain situations—like just now, he had selectively gone deaf, afraid that his sarcasm might drown someone.

Originally, after his father's disappearance, Shen Xun should have ascended the throne as the new Siren Emperor, but he often said Shen Yaochuan's father was too tough to die, so he'd act as regent until his return or until Shen Yaochuan came of age...

Unfortunately, Shen Yaochuan was injured...

He never mentioned it again after that.

Luckily, Shen Yaochuan wasn't interested in the throne anyway.

Shen Yaochuan was now looking down at the siren egg in his hands. The little one had curled up inside the shell again, occasionally blowing bubbles. He could only vaguely see a light orange tail.

He didn't think he'd ever seen a siren with a tail of this colour before.

It was like the sunset hues on the horizon.

It would definitely be beautiful when grown up.

When Shen Xun pushed him to the nursery, several siren staff responsible for caring for these eggs were discussing something, appearing quite flustered.

Seeing the two approach, the sirens hurriedly explained, "The Ruan family's little siren was born prematurely. It's a male siren with a pink tail, hatching several days earlier than expected. He's healthy, just a bit mischievous, knocking over quite a few things."

Tang Li, curled up in his eggshell, felt a pang of guilt.

Shen Xun nodded, "Have they been notified?"

"Yes, someone from the Ruan family will come to pick him up soon," the staff member said, then his gaze fell on Shen Yaochuan's palm. "Your Highness, where did you get this egg? We happen to be missing one..."

Though phrased as a question, he was certain this was the missing egg that had been next to the newly hatched Ruan family siren. They had just discovered it missing and sent someone to check the surveillance footage when the prince arrived.

Siren eggs have a long incubation period with strict conditions. To ensure survival rates, almost all siren families choose to mark their eggs and send them to the nursery for hatching.