Chapter 6

Due to sleeping through most of the day, Tang Li couldn't fall asleep all night.

After half-heartedly singing the birthday song, he curled up in the eggshell and completed the four-hour live stream for the new day. He avoided looking at the bullet screen comments and nibbled on some floating seaweed after the stream ended.

The nutrient solution provided a slight feeling of fullness, so he didn't feel too hungry. However, Tang Li still craved a little snack.

The main system had automatically adjusted his body to resemble how he looked when he was just born, with only a few teeth grown, so he could only play around with nibbling.

【Host, they're all like this when they're obsessed with cute pet streamers, it'll be as if they've taken some kind of drug. You'll get used to it. They won't actually stuff you into their mouths... ahem... they won't actually do anything to you.】

【Look, these streaming coins they've donated can be exchanged for several universal coins. You can earn free coins just by streaming every day. It's so cost-effective. You'll quickly earn back the coins spent on buying the hammer card.】

【Just treat it as an idle game, don't mind the bullet screen comments.】

The system provided psychological support for Tang Li throughout the night, which had some effect.

Tang Li exchanged all the streaming coins for universal coins. Although it was just a few, little by little it would add up. In ten days, it would be dozens; in a hundred days, it would be hundreds. He didn't need to do anything, just stay online, it was like a windfall.

The next day, Shen Yaochuan woke up very early. He skillfully changed his clothes and washed up, then maneuvered his wheelchair to the kitchen and started bustling about.

He had heard the little one nibbling on seaweed around 4 AM, which sounded like white noise. Unusually, he dozed off a little longer before getting up.

He planned to make some nutritious meals and snacks for the little one, following recipes he found on the holopad yesterday.

From childhood, Shen Yaochuan had almost exclusively consumed nutrient solutions. These were scientifically acknowledged as the most optimal for growth, especially for someone with SSS-level mental power. The research institutes didn't allow him to eat anything else, fearing it would hinder his development.

Though nutrient solutions came in many flavours, they couldn't compare to the deliciousness of cooked food. Even if the taste was indistinguishable, the texture could never be replicated.

After his injury, he spent most of his time at home, rarely going out. The days of shuttling between star systems for negotiations and battles had suddenly become much more leisurely, to the point where he didn't know what to do in the vast villa.

To break the monotony, he discarded the nutrient solutions and started buying ingredients to cook for himself. Cooking helped pass the time and added some variety to his otherwise dull routine.

The entire villa was very empty, except for the kitchen.

But eating alone wasn't very interesting. He would occasionally get lazy and order takeout, but he never had nutrient solutions again.

Sirens naturally have much stronger physical qualities than humans. They can eat small fish, shrimp, and seaweed from birth. He still had plenty of fresh shrimp and small fish in his refrigerator, which would make a hearty breakfast for the little one.

He just didn't know when the little one would fully hatch.

The people at the nursery said they had to wait for the little one to break the eggshell on his own. This was the first hurdle he faced coming into this world, and it was best not to assist with external force.