Chapter 5

Because of what the system had just revealed, Tang Li stayed curled up inside the eggshell for the entire journey, not daring to peek out for fear of attracting the attention of the "spendthrift man."

After all, "scamming" wasn't a very ethical thing to do.

Now that he had made someone spend so much money on him, Tang Li felt extremely guilty.

Tang Li, curled up in the eggshell with his tail wrapped around himself, spent the entire journey pondering how he could provide substantial help to Shen Yaochuan.

"Can my healing ability help treat Shen Yaochuan's damaged mental power?" Tang Li asked.

Although he was a little mermaid who couldn't transform his tail into legs, he had mastered all the essential skills that every mermaid must learn. His former dream was to gain the ability to walk and travel the world, using his healing power to help more people.

【You can try... it should be possible】

【But be careful, don't blow your cover】

Tang Li's fighting spirit, which had just been ignited, was extinguished again.

That's right, I am now a "little siren," not a little mermaid.

What if I was discovered using my healing ability on Shen Yaochuan?

This world didn't have mermaids as a species.

He was afraid he might be captured as some kind of research subject...

He couldn't leave this world without completing the task, and if he was really captured, unless he spent a huge amount to buy escape card items from the store, he would truly be in a hopeless situation.

Tang Li anxiously blew a string of bubbles.

"Awake?" Shen Yaochuan's voice suddenly sounded. Then, the "fish tank" where Tang Li was located was lifted to eye level, apparently because he had noticed the string of bubbles.

The little one seemed to really like blowing bubbles.

Tang Li struggled for a moment, then crawled to the crack of the eggshell and met Shen Yaochuan's gaze.

The light in the car was dim, making Shen Yaochuan's deep blue eyes appear almost black.

Tang Li had to admit, he was the most handsome siren he had ever seen.

With his perfect human form showing no trace of his siren origins, Tang Li felt less afraid of him.

"We're almost home," Shen Yaochuan said, lightly touching the outer wall of the glass.

Seeing this, Tang Li blew a bubble at him, as if in response.

He was still just a baby, unable to speak or understand human language.

I can't go out of character.

Shen Yaochuan's villa was quite far from the seaside, but thankfully the hover-car was fast, so it didn't take too much time on the road.

The Interstellar era was indeed good. If it were in the ancient Earth era, who knows how many days such a long journey would have taken by car.

Shen Yaochuan's villa was very large, and also very quiet.

With wide eyes, Tang Li curiously looked around for a long time.

It wasn't just quiet... it felt as if it had been uninhabited for years. There were pitifully few things inside, and it could hardly be called a "home."

The system explained,【His mental power damage is particularly severe, and he often can't control his emotions. Throwing things is the simplest way to vent, so he simply removed all unnecessary furniture】