Chapter 3. Emergency quest

POV. Ayanokoji

The group I'm following turned the corner into an alley, so I decided to climb the building and eavesdrop on them from there. The strange girl moved to the corner of the alley while Chris and the man studying with her stood in front of each other.

"A thief has a lot of skills, like detecting enemies and disguising, but I would recommend one especially. Look carefully." After that, she stretched out her hand and began to pronounce, as I understood, a certain spell.

"Theft." The spell sounded simple enough, after her words, a ray of light lit up the alley, which would have made most people turn away due to reflexes.

Gradually, the ray of light began to fade until it completely disappeared, I became interested in the mechanics of this skill, and I decided to be more focused. She opened her hand, which turned out to be a bag, presumably with the victim's money.

"Hey, it's my money." The boy exclaimed, which only confirmed my assumptions, I was even more interested in this skill and I became in the conditions for its implementation and study.

"This is the thief's 'Theft' skill, if successfully triggered, you can take possession of your target's belongings. Well, that's it." Chris went up to the boy.

"I see." The boy stretched out, holding out his hand to get his bag of coins, but Chris did not return it, as I thought, she most likely wants to conduct a practical lesson and check the quality of mastering the skill by her student.

"You want to do a checkup. Try out your skill and steal the money back." Chris invited the boy to test his skill.

The strange girl decided to object to her, but Chris told her that he needed to learn how to overcome obstacles, since he is an adventurer.

After thinking about it for a few seconds, the boy replied to her, I decided to follow the assimilation of the skill, because it will be possible to tell how quickly and the skills are acquired and whether there are additional requirements for their assimilation.

"So use the traveler's card given to you by the guild, it should display everything you've learned from me."

After that, the boy pulled out a card, and after him I also decided to explore mine. All the skills she voiced cost 1 skill point each, which was relatively inexpensive in my opinion. Deciding to continue to observe the assimilation of the skill further, I heard them talking about a skill that seemed too expensive and not practical to me.

After removing the skill from his card, the boy apparently confirmed the acquisition of the thief's skills. After that, a glow appeared around him, which stopped after a few seconds.

"So now this skill is yours, use it whenever you want." Chris told the boy, preparing to perform the skill by the boy.

"Okay, whatever I steal, no offense." The boy warned, holding out his hand.

Chris, deciding to motivate the boy to successfully complete her task, said that if he successfully completed the skill caste, she would give him her magic sword, and in case of failure, he would receive the stones she had picked up from the ground earlier.

"It's not fair!" the boy objected.

"Well, anyway, your chances of that are extremely slim."

"I'll do it," the boy shouted, "Theft." "After that, the glow appeared again, which surprised me since he apparently learned the skill quickly enough, I wondered if everyone was learning new skills so quickly.

After the glow stopped, there was silence.
Chris dropped the stones and was about to start crying. I wondered what the boy had stolen, which surprised her so much.