Part 7

I am not ready to face you... please leave me alone.

By the time I could say anything he was already standing behind me... "Honey? What happened??"

I turn to him, wiping my tears off, "I want to sleep... that's all."

May be that's the thing he wanted to say to me before anyone could... but he couldn't. And that's what Chaewon-ssi was hiding from me too. It's not their fault to hide... but it's my fault. 

I made my sister upset. But Luna, when you said you hate me... I lost everything then. I loved and respected you a lot. Your life is much better. And mine? Mine is just a replacement. A necessity not love. I am here because I was sold off. You are the person who is enjoying the position and money... and I am here to suffer my whole life and suffocate between the hidden secrets. 

I do not feel sad, now that I have cried a bit. The tears washed off the pain. Now, it's just a bitter feeling lingering all over my mind and body. 

I can't complain anything to my husband... neither I can ask him, nor I can argue with him. That's my capability in this house... as a wife of the elder son. 

I lay down on the bed after turning off the lamp lights... He was still standing, waiting for me to open up. 

But will I open up? Can I open up? Now that I know that he just pretends to be happy with me... everything feels fake to me. 

"Honey? I heard you talking with someone on the phone-"

"I am tired now." With that I close my eyes, trying to ignore the negative thoughts coming to me... 

Even though, I am not much experienced in reality, I know that something was really wrong with Him, and the family members. 

He did not ask me further.

Why would he? When he has another person he cares about, how much can he pretend to care about me??

I am not blaming him. It was my fault to take birth and be pretty. 

And same reason, Luna is not happy because of me... she could have fitted perfectly in my place with all her understandings and education, she would be better. I am just a failure. 

I could feel him sleep next to me like always... but today I wanted to sleep separately after knowing that he has affair. 

Without knowing a single drop of tear escaped my eyes making my pillow wet. 

-

Today morning was not much interesting  like rest of the days. I walked to the elevator where Jay-ssi was waiting today too. 

I asked, "Do you have something to say?"

He nods, "I think you should know a little bit of truth... now that you have been with us more than a week."

I know what it is. That was what he was suspecting from you, Jay-ssi. 

All this time he suspected you so that his secrets doesn't go out. 

I stare at him with expectant eyes.

"Hyung is pretending to love you. Don't fall for it. I can't tell you much because he might be suspecting me... but I am telling you beforehand so that you don't breakdown later."

I nod slowly, I smile, "It's okay... I am sold to him anyways... he can do whatever he wants... use me, break me, and throw me. I will be fine."

"How will you handle it?? You were a princess-"