Part 9

I stared outside the window... the snow covering the whole yard. That reminds me of the time I was newly adopted... when I wasn't allowed to step out of the house. I used to look at the snow and hoped that I would be free. 

But now, I think whatever happened... was the way for me to meet my family. 

Dad betrayed my mom and ran away with money which she used to earn from her small business. 

Now she doesn't have her business anymore... it's all Lauren's income. 

I sigh as I watched his missed calls in my phone. 

I hoped he stops after all of trying. He will get tired of it and live his life happily with Luna. 

To be honest, I think Luna deserves all of the wealth and luxury... she worked hard since young. And he fell for her as usual.... who would not fall for a hardworking lady?

My phone was still ringing since I have turned it on after waking up in the morning. 

"Doll, come here... the food is ready!" 

I smile at my mom... How much did you suffer, mom? You had to live this long even after knowing that your daughter was living as an orphan. 

"I am coming... So, what did you make for me??"

"This is pancake, and this is curry."

"My first-time tasting food made by you... you don't know how much happy I am."

We both were eating while she looked excited watching me eat her handmade dish. 

"Mom, where is Lauren??"

"He has left for his work as usual. He usually returns late night or sometimes he stays there only."

I nod. 

"So... all this time when he was with me... you stayed alone? You weren't scared??"

"Doll, I am a grown lady... not spoon fed like you. I have lots of duties. I don't even have time to think about myself. But I used to think about you and your brother from time to time."

"I love you, mom."

I sigh as once again my phone was ringing... My mom signals me to pick it up... But I was too afraid to do it. I won't be able to hold myself up. 

I will burst out crying after hearing his voice one time... 

As time went by, I have realized that my heart was attached to him somehow. I had no idea when I used live with him. 

Do I really miss him or his presence?

I stared at the caller's id... I just didn't have that much courage to talk to him. 

"Pick it up, it's your husband. You have taken vows with him. I don't know what happened between you both, but I think you should pick up. That child is calling you since yesterday."

I slowly pick up with so much courage. 

ON CALL

> WHY WEREN'T YOU PICKING UP?!! WHERE ARE YOU?!! 

>>...

>ESME!! SPEAK!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WORRIED I WAS??!! I THOUGHT I LOST YOU FOREVER!! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE WITHOUT ASKING ME ONCE?!!!