Chapter 37

Zayn perspective

As I stepped out of my rage room, the adrenaline still coursed through my veins. I headed straight to the basement where Vanessa’s parents were being held. Descending the stairs, I felt a sinister smile tug at my lips when I saw Chris and Arianna standing by my collection of torture tools. "So, it looks like you all didn’t get any sleep," I said, the grin widening. "I hope you've made a decision. I hope you have your answer." I took a seat in front of her parents, and Chris and Arianna positioned themselves behind me, adding to the intimidation. "So, Henry, speak. Where’s my Vanessa?" I leaned forward, adding a chilling twist to my words. "Let's make it interesting. If you say something I don't like, my guards will torture you."You do know that you’re a psychopath," her cousin spat out. "Make this kid stop talking," I said through gritted teeth.

At my command, one of my guards started punching him, his fists landing with sickening thuds. "Stop! Please stop! Don’t hurt my son," Noah’s mother screamed, her voice cracking. "Then make him shut his mouth," I snapped. "If he dares to speak again, I will show you personally what I can do to him." I turned back to Henry, my patience wearing thin. "So, Henry, tell me where Vanessa is hiding."I don't know," he blurted out quickly. "Wrong answer," I said, getting up and grabbing a fistful of his hair. "Now listen to me, you son of a bitch," I hissed, my face inches from his. "Where is she? If you don't start talking, I have plenty of other ways to make you suffer. And trust me, if I find her before you tell me, I will torture your daughter right in front of you. You know what I'm capable of."

"You bastard, don’t even think about touching my daughter," he growled, struggling against his chains. "Shut the fuck up. Did I say you could speak?" I roared, landing a punch on his face. Blood splattered, and his head snapped back. "Where is she?" I asked again. "I don’t know. Even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you." This is getting too much, i know this asshat is lying to me. I punched him again, harder this time. "Wrong answer. Again." "I don’t know!" he shouted, his voice cracking under the pressure and pain. "I don’t know where she is!" My patience was gone. "So you’re not going to cooperate, huh?" I said, standing up straight. "Let's do something else.

Chris, Arianna, tortured all of them. Stab them, use your hands, guns, whatever you like. Wound their injuries and torture them again until they decide to speak." Chris and Arianna exchanged a brief glance before nodding. "Si, Capo," they said in unison. "Hmm," I muttered, satisfied with their response. I turned on my heel and headed out of the basement, leaving the sounds of cries and the scent of blood behind me.

Time flies......

After two months

Vanessa perspective

"Nessa, let's go. Today, I'm planning to take you out to lunch." Austin, you know very well I can’t leave Granny alone, plus you know it's not safe for me to go out," I said while taking Granny’s medicines out of the box. "Come on, I’m the big guy here, I will protect you," he said, squishing my cheeks. "No, and that’s final. I’m not going anywhere," I said, heading out of the living room. After giving Granny her medicines, I went to my room. As I closed the door, I looked at myself in the mirror. It's been two months since I escaped from that hell. Two long months since I talked to my parents. I don’t know where they are or how they’re doing right now. Every night, I get nightmares of Zayn coming to get me, and every night, Austin helps me and becomes my shoulder to cry on. This hasn’t been easy for me, but now I'm healing with the help of Austin and his granny. He's the same age as me, and that's what makes our bond strong. I still remember the day I came here and met him.

Flashback.

After getting inside the cab, I looked at my parents and my home for the last time. "God, please keep them safe," I prayed silently. "Ma'am, should we go?" the driver asked me. "Yes, take me to this location," I said, handing him a piece of paper. As we drove, I was lost in deep thoughts. What if Zayn comes to find me? What if he tries to hurt my parents? What if something worse happens? What will I do then? Will I ever escape this hell? These questions swirled in my mind, each one more terrifying than the last. I wished Zayn would die soon so I could breathe peacefully. He had done so much to hurt me. As the car stopped at a signal, I noticed the cameras on the streets. Suddenly, my mind snapped back to reality, and I started thinking of different scenarios. What if Zayn found me through these cameras? I had to do something about it, I thought to myself. As the car started moving again, I looked outside the window, trying to come up with a plan.