Chapter 51

Zayn perspective

Today is the day. The day Vanessa will officially be mine in every way. From now on, I’ll be able to call her my fiancée, and soon enough, my wife. The thought of it makes my heart race with excitement. Vanessa, my perfect flower, will finally be with me in a formal relationship that no one can question. As she was getting ready in our room, I gave her some space and waited in another room. I wanted everything to be perfect, and I knew that seeing me too soon might spoil the moment. I’ve chosen the perfect dress for her, one that would make her look like the princess she is to me. I could already picture her in it, the deep blue fabric flowing around her, fitting her curves perfectly. She’ll look like a dream, a vision of beauty meant just for me. For myself, I chose a classic black tuxedo. Today is a special day, and I want to look my best for her. I want her to see that I’m serious about this, about us.

I’m so happy, so eager for the moment when I’ll finally have her by my side as my fiancée. As I was deep in my thoughts, a knock on the door interrupted me. “Capo!” a voice called out from the other side. “Come in,” I responded, my mind still half in the dream of what today would bring.The door opened, and one of my men stepped in, holding a small USB drive. “Capo, here’s the video clip you asked me for,” he said, placing the USB on the bed before leaving the room.  I picked up the USB, a smirk playing on my lips as I remembered what was stored on it. Vanessa has always been stubborn, and I know she’ll try anything to stop this engagement. But I’ve planned for that. This USB will stop her from doing anything foolish. I had recorded a video of her parents before I... took care of them. She doesn’t know they’re gone, and she won’t know unless I tell her. The video shows them alive, terrified, and at my mercy. It’s my trump card.

The one thing I know will keep her in line. If she sees it, she’ll have no choice but to go through with the engagement. She won’t dare defy me when she thinks her parents’ lives are at stake. With a satisfied grin, I placed the USB in my pocket and started getting ready. I made sure every detail was perfect, the tie, the cufflinks, everything had to be just right. Today is too important for anything to go wrong. After a few hours of preparing and tying up loose ends, I decided it was time to check on Vanessa. We needed to leave for the venue soon; it’s two hours away from my penthouse, and I didn’t want to be late. Grabbing the USB, I headed towards the room where Vanessa was getting ready.

As I opened the door and stepped inside, I was struck by the sight in front of me. Vanessa stood there, a vision of beauty that took my breath away. The dress... it was even more stunning on her than I had imagined. The deep blue fabric shimmered as it hugged her curves perfectly, making her look like she had just stepped out of a fairytale. She looked like royalty, like she was born to wear that dress and stand by my side. The way the dress fit her body was perfection itself. It accentuated every curve, highlighting the delicate balance of her slender waist and the graceful lines of her hips and shoulders. The off-shoulder design left her neck and collarbones exposed, drawing my eyes to the soft, vulnerable skin there. She looked delicate, like a porcelain doll, but I knew better.

There was a strength in her posture, a defiance that only made me want her more. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She was everything I had ever wanted, and tonight, she would finally be mine. No one else would ever see her like this in this perfect dress that seemed to be made just for her. The thought filled me with a dark thrill, knowing that soon, I would claim her completely. I stepped closer to her, inhaling the subtle scent of her perfume. It mixed with the heady atmosphere of the room, making my desire for her even stronger. “You look... exquisite,” I whispered, my voice low and filled with a mix of admiration and something darker.  She was standing there, so graceful and beautiful, and it only fueled the fire inside me. I wanted her, needed her, and seeing her like this only intensified that desire. I reached out, my fingers brushing lightly against the neckline of the dress where it met her smooth skin.