Part 6: Dinner and An auction?

Morning Chat with David and Jayson

The soft morning light filtered through the kitchen windows as Jayson busied himself with making coffee. His mind buzzed with memories of last night's party and the warm moments shared with Aria. Just as he was setting out mugs, the door swung open, and David, his best friend, walked in with a sheepish grin.

David: rubbing his eyes "Morning, man. Sorry I couldn't make it to the party last night. Family emergency."

Jayson: nodding understandingly "No worries, David. Everything alright now?"

David: pouring himself a cup of coffee "Yeah, yeah, it's fine. Just had to sort things out. So, spill. How was the party? Did you have a good time?"

Jayson: smirking "Oh, you know how it is. I throw a great bash as always."

David: grinning mischievously "And what about Aria? Did you two have a good time together?"

Jayson: rolling his eyes "Oh, please. It was just a party."

David: teasingly "Just a party with Aria, huh? I saw you two dancing last night. Mia sent the video to me. You looked pretty cozy."

Jayson: deflecting "We were just catching up. It's not like that."

Before David could reply, Jayson's mom entered the kitchen, her cheerful demeanor adding to the morning atmosphere.

Mom: smiling brightly "Good morning, boys! How was the party Jay? How come you weren't around David?"

Jay: grinning "It was great, Mom. 

David: I'm really sorry i couldn't make it, Mrs Umoh. Family emergency. On the other hand, Mia darling had the wonderful priviledge of blessing my eyes with a video of Jayson here as the star of the show with Aria by his side."

Jayson: groaning inwardly "Mom, please. It's not like that."

Mom: teasingly "Oh, come on, Jay. David's right. I saw you two dancing. You looked very cozy."

Jayson: trying to change the subject "Um, how about some breakfast? I could make pancakes."

Mom: playfully "Nice try, Jay. We're not letting you off the hook that easily."

David: chuckling "Yeah, spill the details, man. We want to know everything."

Jayson: sighing "There's not much to tell. It was just a fun evening."

Mom: smiling knowingly "Well, it sounds like you had a good time. You should invite Aria over sometime. I'd love to meet her."

Jayson: quickly "Uh, I don't know about that, Mom. We'll see."

David: grinning "Smooth, Jay. Real smooth."

Jayson: desperate to change the subject "Hey, David, did you catch the game last night?"

David: playfully relenting "Alright, alright. We'll save the Aria interrogation for another day."

Jayson breathed a sigh of relief as the conversation shifted to safer topics. His mom and David continued chatting amiably, leaving Jayson a moment to gather his thoughts. He glanced at the clock, mentally planning his escape.