Chapter 1: Life's an ocean

"Forgive me, heavenly father, for I have gravely sinned. A heart of a man, yet it shouts like a heart of a woman. A heart of a man, yet it seeks like a heart of a woman. A heart that seeks love, yet goes against and defies the heaven above."

"You can love a woman, yet I can't love a man? Why?"

"Does it make you a lesser person if you defy the heavens, just for once?"

"If loving him goes against your book of rules, heavenly father, forgive me, for I am a sinner."

"If hell is where I'm meant to be for choosing what feels right for my heart, for choosing him and loving him, then so be it."

...........

August 07, 2000
(Summer)

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the tranquil beach, I found solace in the gentle caress of the sea breeze on my skin. This secluded spot, away from the chaos of home, held a special allure for me.

Lost in my thoughts, the sound of a voice shattered the peaceful moment. A boy with sun-kissed skin approached me, his curiosity evident in his eyes.

"Excuse me, can I ask you something?" he inquired, a hint of hesitation in his voice.

His question struck a chord within me, stirring memories of loneliness and isolation. No one had ever taken the time to engage with me, to understand the pain that weighed heavy on my heart.

"Uhm, what is it that you want to ask?" I replied.

"Why are you always here, alone? Like everytime I took this route as I went home, I would always notice you here."

In that fleeting moment, our eyes met, and I saw genuine concern reflected in his gaze. His simple question opened a floodgate of emotions, threatening to spill over.

"Uhm, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. It's okay if you don't want to answer, though. Sorry," he said, his smile a fragile mask veiling the depths of his curiosity and concern.

His words, filled with sincere regret, lingered in the air like a fragile thread linking two souls lost in a sea of unexpressed feelings. In that brief moment, his openness reflected my own, silently recognizing our shared pain and loneliness.

As his smile faltered, I glimpsed a flicker of understanding in his eyes, a silent plea for acceptance in a world that often turned a blind eye to the struggles of the wounded soul.

"Being alone here heals me," I confessed, the words heavy with unspoken sorrow. "The beauty of this beach and the setting sun offer a temporary escape from the harsh realities of life."