Chapter Fifteen: A New Beginning

Six months had passed since the harrowing events at the Ludic compound. The bustling streets of Delhi provided a vibrant backdrop for Meera and Vivaan's first official date. They wandered through the chaotic yet charming lanes of a popular street food market, the air filled with the tantalizing aromas of spices and sizzling food.

Vivaan grinned as he handed Meera a plate of golgappas. "Are you ready for the ultimate test of your spice tolerance?"

Meera laughed, her eyes sparkling. "Bring it on. I can handle anything you throw at me."

Vivaan watched with amusement as Meera popped a golgappa into her mouth. Her eyes widened as the spice hit her, but she quickly recovered, nodding appreciatively. "Not bad," she said, reaching for another.

"I'm impressed," Vivaan said, raising an eyebrow. "Most people would be running for water by now."

"Clearly, you've underestimated me," Meera replied with a playful smirk.

As they sampled various street foods, they chatted and teased each other, their chemistry undeniable. Meera playfully bumped into Vivaan as they walked, her heart light and happy.

"Okay, your turn," Meera said, handing him a particularly spicy-looking chaat. "Let's see how you handle this."

Vivaan took a bite, his eyes watering slightly, but he managed a grin. "Piece of cake."

Meera laughed, shaking her head. "You're such a show-off."

"Only because I have to keep up with you," Vivaan shot back, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

They continued down the bustling street, stopping at various stalls and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere. The air was filled with laughter, music, and the sizzle of food being cooked. Vivaan bought them each a kulfi to cool off from the spices, and they found a quiet spot to sit and enjoy their treat.

"So, when did you realize you had fallen for me?" Meera asked, her tone playful yet curious.

Vivaan chuckled, taking a bite of his kulfi. "Honestly? I think it was during one of those late-night video calls. You were talking about your dreams of traveling the world and capturing its beauty through your camera. I saw this incredible passion in your eyes, and I knew I was a goner."

Meera blushed, her smile widening. "I knew it the first time we video called. You had this look in your eyes, like you saw something special in me. It made me realize I was in love with you too."

Vivaan's eyes softened as he looked at her. "I can't believe how lucky I am to have you, Meera. You're everything I could have ever wanted."

Meera leaned in, her voice a whisper. "And you, Vivaan, are my everything."

Vivaan's expression turned mischievous. "You know, I've been thinking. Maybe I should join RAW too. We could be one of those work couples who stay together and go to work together."

Meera burst out laughing, the sound echoing through the busy street. "You, a secret agent? I'd pay to see that."

Vivaan grinned. "I'd look good in a suit, admit it."

"Okay, I'll admit that," Meera said, still laughing. "But seriously, Vivaan, I'm glad we're here together. I wouldn't want it any other way."

Vivaan reached over and took her hand, his thumb gently caressing her skin. "Neither would I. It feels like everything we went through was worth it just to be here with you."

Meera squeezed his hand, her eyes shining with emotion. "We've been through a lot, but we made it. And I wouldn't trade any of it for the world."

They shared a moment of quiet connection, savoring the simplicity and joy of being together. Vivaan glanced at Meera, his expression turning playful again. "So, what's next on our date agenda, Agent Meera?"

"Well, Mr. Tech Genius, how about we try some parathas from that stall over there?" Meera suggested, pointing to a nearby vendor.

"As long as you promise not to make me eat anything spicier than those golgappas," Vivaan replied, laughing.

As they continued to enjoy their date, an unidentified woman watched them from a distance. Hidden in the shadows, she observed them through a pair of binoculars, carefully noting their movements, her eyes never leaving the couple.

She picked up her walkie-talkie, her voice low and professional. "We have identified the targets."