𝐈. the monster within him

"How many times are you going to do this, you stubborn brat?!"

Condescending and reprimanding. Were the tone that his grandfather shouted at him as seven-year-old Y/n sat in front of him, a couple bandages on his face suggesting that he was bruised. He just scowled and rolled his eyes at him.

Although, he was harsh with his words. The man wants nothing more than for Y/n to be safe, he cares about his grandsons than his own health which causes for the old man to neglect himself more oftentimes than not.

"You can't just keep fighting and beating them up just because they provoke you! Control yourself better! You're not a wild animal, damn brat!"

"And what am I suppose to do, let them beat me? Like hell am I going to let that happen!" Y/n sneered as he got off the chair he was sitting and walks out from his grandfather who didn't bother to stop him and sighed in exasperation.

As Y/n walks out of the kitchen, he glances down and saw his younger brother, Yuji who was hiding behind the wall. He locked eyes with Yuji who stared at him with his brown eyes but Y/n just scowls and immediately walks upstairs to his bedroom.

"Grandpa...?" Yuji called out to their grandfather, concern and confusion written all over his face, wondering why his older brother is so mad.

"Let your idiotic big brother be." His grandfather told him. "He'll calm down soon enough."

As Y/n slammed his bedroom door shut, he slumped on top of his bed and screamed into his pillows out of pure frustration. Every time, he gets himself into a fight even if he never wanted to and then seems to be the one who was at fault which pisses him off so badly. It was that these days, he's more easily provoked and more often than not that he gets suspended in school more times than he can stay in his classroom.

It was like he was a caged beast wanting nothing more than to get out of its prison and kill those that had wronged him.

It was weird that kid like him was thinking of killing everyone near his vicinity. If it weren't for the fact that he got caught by one of the teachers in his school then maybe... just maybe... he had killed those idiots with his bare hands and no one would have to bother him anymore.

Yeah, he would love something like that.

Y/n's eyes widened and he shook his head. He really needs to calm down unless he might become something that he never wants to be, he knows that he won't be called by his grandfather until supper. So, he opted of sneaking out of the house through the window of his bedroom that was near a large branch of the tree.

Once, he climbed out of his window and down to the tree. He was now out of the house and decided go somewhere peace and quiet at least to gather his thought and probably think of apologizing to his grandfather for the way he talked back to him. Even if he was a short-tempered kid that his grandfather thinks of him, he was the only family that he and Yuji had ever since their parents have died in some sort of accident.

He vaguely remembers his mother but all he knows that she had some stitched scars in her forehead. He was never close with his mother for she was frequently absent even when Yuji was born but his father? He was always there for the two of them and he vividly remembers that his father would always tell him stories before going to bed.

It was safe to say that he missed his dad a lot.

As he was walking down to what seems to be the secluded and quiet part of the town that he lived in. He could only turn his head to the side before he felt a metal pipe smashed into his skull which knocks him down to the floor. A painful throbbing sensation pulsed in his head as he clutches it, he took his hand off and saw blood coating his palm.