Stupid Witch

Jack

I stood in my living room, pacing the floor as I glanced  at the pictures around the living room. Some were  of my parents, me and my siblings, me, my siblings ( my brother and sister) and my parents, me and the guys  hanging out. Some of them were the guys and me on tour, some at awards shows and there were some that I should have gotten rid of, but I hadn’t.  They were  of my ex-girlfriend Taylor. She was a blonde haired blue eyed beauty from Texas.

She was my everything, that was until I found her in bed with one of the guys in a band, we toured with two years ago. I couldn’t believe I was so stupid. At first, I thought  she was just being friendly. The guys had  talked to me about her over friendliness and the constant flirting, but I didn’t listen until one day I found a pregnancy test  in the bathroom of our tour bus. Stupid witch  tried to hide it and then lied about it. Who else would have put that in the trash.

I headed through the living room, heading to my bedroom and walked out on the patio. I sat down on the patio chair next to  the small table where a few empty beer bottles sat. As I sat there, memories kept pouring to the front of my head like photographs. I sat up, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

Two Years Ago

“Jack, it’s not what it looks like” she pleaded.
“What is it then, Taylor? Because it looks like a positive pregnancy test!”I yelled  at her.

“I’m sorry, Jack . What do you want me to do?” Taylor asked.

“Move out” I had said, angrily.

“Excuse me?” she asked, putting her arms across her chest.

“I said, move out!” I repeated.

“Jack, please. I have no where to go” Taylor pleaded.

“I don’t care. I want your stuff out now. I trusted you. You promised you wouldn’t cheat again and now you ended up pregnant. Last month, you said you used protection and now you cheated again because you didn’t think you were gonna get caught?” My face felt hot as I clutched my hands into fists. I was so livi my ears felt like they were on fire.

“But Jack, it’s not like that…”

“You keep saying that and it is like that. Don’t lie Taylor. Come on. I thought you were better than this. I trusted you” I cried as I walked out onto the patio. I looked at the town around me, gazing out onto the horizon at the ocean.  People were coming and going from their destinations as the sun started setting.

“Jack, why are you so two faced when you’re the one who  flirts with every girl that comes and goes” said Taylor, putting her hands on her hips.

“I may flirt but I would never cheat!” I shouted as she started crying.

“Don’t yell at me!” she said as tears cascaded down her face. “What's gotten into you?”

“You. you have gotten to me. You hurt me, Taylor and I wish to never see you again”I said sternly.

Present Time

I turned and walked back inside and laid on the bed. Pulling out my phone, I looked at the screen of Autumn sleeping soundly. She really is beautiful and I didn’t understand how anyone could treat her the way she was being treated. My head was a mess and I just couldn’t shake it.

“Jack, are you home?” I heard yelling. I groaned as I covered my eyes with my arm.
Damn it. I forgot to get my keys  from Taylor.
“Jack!” she kept hollering. I heard footsteps as she kept getting closer to the bedroom. I did not want to deal with this right now. I needed some peace to myself.

“There you are. I’ve been looking all over for you” she said as she sat at the foot of the bed. “This brings back old memories” she laughed nervously.

“What do you want, Taylor?” I asked, leaning up on my elbows.

“I need your help” she frowned.

“What could you possibly need from me?” I asked, sternly.

“Your DNA” she crossed her arms once more and shifted her weight to her left leg.

“What? You’re crazy” I laughed.

“Mark wasn’t a match to Lillian” she frowned, dropping her arms.

“What do you mean?” Jack asked.
“Jack, Lillian, could be yours”