21| 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬.

"We only met each other just the other dayBut you already got me feeling some type of way"

But you already got me feeling some type of way"

"We only met each other just the other dayBut you already got me feeling some type of way"

"Yeah, good night, bye."

I close the door behind me with a soft click and lean back against it, letting out a deep sigh.

What a great but tiring day!

Oh, well actually I went to a cruise party with my sister and her friend Shanaya. We left in the morning and now it's midnight and we just got home.

I push off from the door and make my way to the bed, sinking down onto the edge of the mattress. I take a moment to collect myself, taking a few deep breaths to calm my racing heart. I just want to sleep.

Shaking my head, I pull my phone out of my pocket and swipe open the screen, my eyes widens as soon as I see the numerous missed calls from Saad.

Seventy missed calls, each one a glaring reminder that I've been ignoring him for too long.

I scroll through the list of missed calls until I see that the most recent one was placed 10 minutes ago. Shit, now he'll be mad.

I didn't check my phone and it was on silent so I didn't hear anything and I even forgot to tell him that I was going out today. Well, it wasn't planned. Rhea crashed into my room in the morning and forced me to get ready for the party. I thought that I'll call him once I arrive at the cruise but then I forgot.

It's okay, he won't be mad.

Well, I hope so.

I take a deep breath and hesitantly press the call button, holding the phone up to my ear as I nervously wait for him to answer. My heartbeat quickens as the line rings, each second feeling like an eternity.

I hold my breath as the phone rings, waiting for the sound of Saad's voice, but it never comes. Instead, after several long rings, the call goes to voicemail, his familiar message playing in my ear.

I take a deep breath and dial his number again, my heart rate picking up pace as the phone rings once more. This time though, after a few rings, there's a click on the other end as he answers.