Part 12

❤️‍🔥 Van's POV ❤️‍🔥

❤️‍🔥 Van's POV ❤️‍🔥

"What the fuck is going on between you two?"

Bondy's talking in hushed tones but he needn't bother. The way that Y/N stormed off and slammed her back door shut was a clear statement that she was checking out of the conversation. Once again it feels like unfinished business, but it always does with her. A storm whipping up but then stopping abruptly just before the lightening strikes.

"I don't bloody know do I?" I huff back. I flick the remnants of the spliff into the crevice between two paving slabs and slink back into the house with Bondy hot on my heels.

"One minute you hate each other and the next it looks like you're gonna rip each other's clothes off and get down to it right there and then on the driveway!"

I'm grinning to myself as I start across the kitchen and switch the kettle on. "Trust me, it wasn't like that. You only caught the tail end of it. Think Y/N would've decked me if you hadn't come out when ya did."

"Didn't look like hostility from where I was standing."

I shake my head, still smiling. "Yeah well, you didn't hear her having a go at me before you came out. She took great delight in telling me what a waste of space I am. I'm telling ya, she still hates me."

Bondy nods as I hold a mug up to him. "Well? Did you apologise?"

"I already tried that last night and she was having none of it!

"And you didn't think it'd be a good idea to try again today? You know, when she's calmed down a bit?"

I shrug. Bondy's speaking sense like he normally does but he doesn't get it. He doesn't know the strange kind of friction between the two of us and how we both feed off it. The tension that bubbles away under the harsh words and the daggered looks, something that we both try to hide without quite managing it. He just thinks I'm being a dick.

"Y/N and 'calm' don't go in the same sentence. As soon as she saw me today she was 'aving a go. I can't do anything right in her eyes. There's no point me being nice to her."

He looks exasperated with me. "I would 'ave thought you'd at least try after the shit you pulled last night! We have got to live next door to her so it'd make life a lot easier if you could make an effort."

I keep my head down as I stir the freshly brewing teas. I don't need Bondy giving me a hard time but I can't really blame him. To an outsider me and Y/N look like sworn enemies and if there's one thing my friend hates it's conflict.

"I'd try inviting her to our party on Friday but I doubt she'd say yes. You heard what she said just then. She told me to stay out of her way."

Bondy accepts the tea that I offer him, taking a sip whilst he eyes me thoughtfully over the rim of the cup. "Leave it to me. I'm sure I can get her to come to the party. And I'll talk to her about last night too, try and smooth things over."