Chapter 11

Ashton had spent the day getting Reagan's presents ready. They were small but he didn't want to overwhelm her or anything. He just wanted to get her something so she smiled.

He took a quick shower and got ready to pick her up for her surprise dinner. The restaurant was a bit nicer than all the ones he usually went to, so he made sure to put on a nice shirt that didn't have holes in it with his black jeans. He sent Reagan a text saying he was about to leave and he grabbed a jacket before making his way out of his room.

"Tell Reagan I said happy birthday," his mom smiled when he went to say his goodbye to Harry and Lauren.

"I will," he said.

"Us too," Harry said making Ashton let out a chuckle. He promised he would and he went to pick her up.

Ashton drove towards Reagan's house with the radio playing. It was the first time he was picking Reagan up again since they kissed. He was a little nervous just because of the fact he wanted things to be the same. He didn't want her to avoid him anymore. He just wanted to show her things didn't change between them.

Once Ashton parked he texted Reagan he was outside and he also texted Sam they were on their way. He tapped his fingers on his steering wheel until Reagan opened the door and got in.

"Hey," she smiled putting on her seatbelt and brushing her hair out of her face.

"Happy Birthday," Ashton said leaning over to give her a quick hug before taking off. He wanted to comment on how Reagan looked pretty but he didn't want to seem like he was coming off strong.

"Thanks," she smiled keeping her eyes fixed on the road.

"Did you do anything this morning?" Ashton asked glancing at her quickly then at the road.

"I mean I slept in," Reagan giggled, "But no not really. My family called and they're gonna drive here tomorrow but I didn't do anything special."

Ashton felt bad, he knew Reagan liked to be alone but he didn't think anyone should be alone on their birthday. He would have come to her house earlier if he would have thought about it.

They soon pulled up to the restaurant and made their way inside. Everyone else was already sitting at the table so Ashton and Reagan just made their way to the hostess stand.

"Irwin," Ashton smiled when the host asked his reservation name. She led them to the table where Michael, Sam, Luke, and Calum were all seated.

"Happy Birthday," They all smiled.

Reagan was surprised she actually had no clue they were all going to be there. She was happy because she was glad she was spending time with all of her friends on her birthday, but she was a little sad because she just didn't get to sit down with Ashton by himself. She had missed they times they had hung out alone.

"Aw guys," Reagan smiled, "Thank you."

Ashton sat next to Luke, and Reagan sat in between Ashton and Sam. The dinner went by smoothly. There was a lot of laughs, Michael got hit in the back of the head less than usual, and there wasn't much shouting at Luke to shut up. Reagan did give everyone a death glare when they privately told the waitress it was her birthday and of course they started singing, making everyone turn around and stare at her. She didn't like to be in the spotlight, but hey she got a free dessert!

There was only one argument, and that was who was paying for Reagan's check. Reagan insisted she could do it, Sam insisted she was her best friend and it was her duty to buy her birthday dinner, but everyone else wanted to pay it as well. Luke ended up being smart and just handed the waitress his credit card while everyone tried to snatch the bill from each others hands.