Chapter 19 She's My Final Destination

Luke's P.O.V.

Flashback

Five Years Ago

The door to my room bursts open, and I see Daisy entering. She locks the door and hastily removes her clothes, shocking me.

What is she doing? I didn't ask her to get undressed.

As she approaches me, naked, I say in a stern tone, "I didn't ask you to do that, Daisy."

"So what?" She questions back, tears trickling down her cheeks. "Why should I need clothes when I'm alone with you? Because you want me like this only."

"But my mood is good, so put your clothes back." I feel a twinge of guilt and pain deep down at the sight of her tear-stained face. But I can't show her that her tears are affecting me, so I add, "Yes, I like you naked, but only when I ask you."

"Luke, I'm your wife, not your slave." She bites her lower lip to suppress her sob. "It hurts me the way you treat me."

"Do you think I care about what hurts you?" I roll my eyes, although deep inside, her condition hurts me. I stare into her eyes and continue, "You know the truth. You're my fuck toy, not my wife."

"Then fuck me now." She murmurs, walking closer to me.

Is she out of her mind?

"I said I'm not in the mood to fuck you. Can't you get it?" I growl, causing her to flinch. "Stop your melodrama!"

"I won't. It's enough." She responds defiantly.

"You're making me angry!" I slam my laptop shut in frustration.

"Then fuck me. That's what you always do," she challenges, her voice tinged with bitterness. "Vent out your anger on me like I'm your punching bag."

I climb down from the bed and march towards her. "Just shut up." I dangerously come closer to her, my hand gripping her hair firmly, pulling her head back. As her breath hits my face, I realise she's intoxicated.

Realising she's in no condition for a rational conversation, I pull her away from me and soften my tone slightly. "You're drunk, Daisy. Take a bath and get some rest."

"From now on, I'll do the opposite of whatever you say, Luke. I won't obey your commands," she slurs in a defiant tone.

"What the fuck. Have you forgotten about the consequences of defying me?" My tone sharpens.

"Then do whatever you want. I won't follow your orders because I'm accustomed to enduring your punishments throughout our six months of marriage. I'm not frightened, I'm just hurt." A sob escapes her mouth, piercing my heart. She composes herself before stating, "Today, listen to one truth, Luke Anderson. Your punishments don't hurt me a bit. Your hatred towards me shatters me every day."

I just stare at her mutely, shocked, seeing her for the first time expressing her pain. Her eyes, filled with pain, are locked with mine.

After a few seconds of silence, she enquires, "Why do you hate me so much, Luke? Why?" she cries in pain, hitting my chest. "And whatever the reason, haven't you punished me enough? I'm breaking down, Luke, I can't handle your hatred anymore. I'm yearning for the Luke I fell in love with, but now it seems impossible to have him back. You're not my Luke. You're a monster who snatched my Luke from me. And you're a heartless man."

I am stunned, my heart pounding in my chest at her confession.

What is she talking about? She loves me?

She can't love me!

How can she love me when I torture her daily and make her life hell?

It's impossible!