Chapter 10 Don't Touch Me

Inline comments are love.

***

Luke's P

Luke's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Anderson, but I can't just hand out personal information like that," the dean of Hope's school says, denying my request to give Daisy's address. I clench my jaw, sitting across from her. How dare she deny me access to my daughter?

However, if she can't give me the address, I have my way. I'm the billionaire Luke Anderson, and I'm very well aware of how to obtain information.

I pull out a chequebook and lay it on the desk in front of her. "I want to offer a donation to the school for this information." A smirk spreads across my face as her eyes glint with greed.

"You'll get the address, Mr. Anderson."

***

I step out of the school with a smile on my face because finally, I'll meet my little angel.

It's been three days since I last met my daughter and my ex-wife, Daisy. I'm certain Daisy lied to me that day. I can feel it—Hope is my daughter. The connection I feel with her is undeniable.

I can't believe I'm a father.

This truth made me realise I was so wrong to punish myself all these years. I should have apologised to Daisy instead of giving her a divorce and leaving her when she needed me the most. I was so mad at myself for treating Daisy with cruelty in the past that I pushed her away, thinking I didn't deserve her.

However, now I have realized that I've spent too long punishing myself for past mistakes I can't change. It's time to make things right, starting with reuniting with my daughter and taking responsibility for her. I'll make up for lost time with my daughter and Daisy.

It'll be difficult after what I did in the past, but I won't step back. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to earn Daisy's trust and forgiveness. I'll reunite our family at any cost and won't let them slip through my fingers again.

I step into my car and give the address the dean provided to my chauffeur.

On the entire way, my mind races with thoughts of what I'll say to Daisy when I see her again, and how I'll make things right between us.

I'm regretting so badly for divorcing Daisy. If I hadn't done that and had apologized to her for my mistakes, we would have been living like a happy family. I would have seen Hope growing up in front of my eyes, and I would have been there to take care of Daisy during her pregnancy. I missed all the precious moments just because I wanted to make myself suffer. Why didn't I think for once that I was again doing wrong to Daisy?

However, now I won't repeat my mistakes. It's time to make amends for the way I treated Daisy in the past and for pushing her away from me.

I'm certain Daisy has not been sending Hope to school for the past three days because of me. She wants to keep her away from me. She isn't wrong because she doesn't know I have changed. The Luke Anderson, with whom she fell in love during her school days, has returned. She didn't know she succeeded in bringing him back five years ago.