Chapter 11 He's A Monster

Inline comments are love.

***

Daisy's P

Daisy's P.O.V.

"Daisy, I don't want to snatch Hope from you," Luke whispers, staring directly into my eyes. I can see the honesty in his eyes, but I don't believe him anymore.

He's a monster.

In fury, I didn't realise how close I had come to him. I stand, grabbing his collar, our faces just inches apart. I can feel his warm breath touching my skin, sending chills down my spine. His blue oceanic eyes bore into my grey ones. I can't deny how much I missed looking into them. I feel a sudden urge to kiss his thin lips.

What the hell am I thinking? I can't get physically attracted to him again. Control yourself, Daisy. Just control yourself.

I pull myself away from him, releasing his collar.

"Luke, just speak up. What do you want from me after all these years?" I question, staring at him with hatred in my eyes.

"Daisy, I want to make amends," he begins, his eyes filled with regret. "I want to take responsibility for our daughter. Please give me a chance to explain myself."

Our daughter? Really? Where was he when I gave birth to her? Where was he when I struggled to raise her, managing my work?

And after five years, he wants to make amends. Is he kidding me?

"Luke, she is my daughter. Not yours, and stop your damn drama," I snap, shutting him up.

"I know she is our daughter—"

I interrupt, yelling at him, "Are you out of your mind, Luke? Don't you get it? Hope isn't your daughter, and get the hell out of our lives."

"No. I won't go." He refuses, raising my anger. "This time, I won't let you go, Daisy." He gently grabs my arms and moves closer to me. "I won't run away from my responsibilities. No matter what it takes, I'll make you trust me."

For once, my heart urges me to believe him because his eyes are so genuine. I can also see the old Luke in him: calm, composed, honest, sweet, and the person whom I fell in love with in our school days and endured the pain in our marriage for six months to bring him back.

However, I accepted long ago that the man I fell in love with is dead. The person standing in front of me is now a monster, pretending to be the old Luke so he can take my daughter away from me.

"I'm not the old Daisy anymore, Luke. I don't trust you. Did you forget what you did to me five years ago? How can you be so shameless?" As I sneer, his eyes lower in embarrassment.

"I'm not asking you to trust me, Daisy. I just want you to give me a chance to make amends. Please." He begs, taking my hand in his, his eyes fixed on the floor. "I want to take care of you and our daughter. Please give me a chance to show you how much I have changed."