Chapter 53 It Was All A Lie

Daisy's P.O.V.

Next Day

I invite Ella over for dinner. She just returned yesterday from a business trip that lasted a few months. She already knows what's been going on in my life, about Luke.

As I open the door, her first words are, "My God, D. You're glowing."

My cheeks turn red, and I tuck a hair strand behind my ear. "Really?"

"Hell, yes!" She gives me a firm hug. "I told you sex can do wonders." She winks at me, causing my eyes to widen.

"Shut up, Ella," I chide her, slightly hitting her arm. "Don't say that word. I have a four-year-old daughter."

She laughs. "Oh, that naughty little girl. I can't wait to meet her. I missed her so much."

"Then come on in." I step aside, giving her a way to enter. "She is also excited to meet you."

Ella steps inside, her eyes admiring the villa. I lead her to the living room where Luke and Hope are playing with blocks.

"Hello, Hope." Ella's words catch their attention.

Hope rushes toward her, her eyes lighting up with excitement. "Mommy's friend, where were you? Hope missed you."

She crouches down to her level and embraces her. "I missed you too, little munchkin."

As they pull apart, Hope questions, "Do you know what I missed the most about you?"

Luke walks over and stands beside me.

"What?" Ella gives her a clueless look.

"I missed annoying you." Hope places her hand over her mouth and lets out a giggle, causing us to smile.

"Such a naughty kid you are, Hope." As Ella tickles her, her laughter fills the room.

As Ella stands up, Hope tells her, her eyes shimmering with delight, "Mommy's friend, do you know I made my uncle my daddy?"

"Really?" Ella reacts as if she doesn't know.

"Yes." Hope chirps, wrapping her tiny arms around Luke's legs. "I finally found the best daddy in the world."

A smile spreads across Luke's face, and he strokes Hope's hair, looking at Ella. "Hello, Ella."

Ella grins and steps closer, giving Luke a handshake. "Hello, Luke. It's great to see you again." She turns her attention back to me. "I'm so happy for you, D. You've got a beautiful family you deserve."

I beam, feeling grateful for everything—Luke, our daughter, our small world filled with immense joy.

After a while, we settle down at the dining table, enjoying the food I prepared. I'm seated beside Ella, while Hope and Luke sit across from us.

Munching on her cookies, Hope asks, "Mommy's friend, do you know what I found yesterday in our home?"

I freeze, exchanging a quick, panicked glance with Luke.

Oh, God! Please stay quiet, Hope.

Ella raises an eyebrow, looking intrigued. "What did you find, sweetie?"

"Handcuffs!" Hope exclaims proudly, causing Ella to choke on her drink while I hide my face behind my hands, embarrassed.

Shit! Ella will now tease me like hell.

"Hope, can't you keep your mouth shut," I murmur to myself, feeling like disappearing for a few minutes.

"Oh, really?" Ella's eyes twinkle with amusement. "Why were handcuffs in your house?"