Chapter 9 Mollifying Hope

Please do inline comments...

***

Daisy's P

Daisy's P.O.V.

"Hopi baby, Mommy is sorry for shouting at you. Mommy was irritated because of some work. Please have lunch." I've been mollifying Hope for a few minutes, but she isn't ready to listen to me. She's still upset with me, and I can't blame her. I should have controlled my temper, especially in front of her.

She sits on the bed, arms folded across her chest, her face turned away from me. Her lunch sits untouched in front of her. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

"Okay, don't talk to Mommy." I pick up the sandwich and bring it closer to her mouth. "At least have lunch. You're Mommy's good girl, right?"

"No, Mommy." She pushes my hand away. "Today, Hopi won't listen to you. You shout at your Hopi. I'm super duper angry."

"I must do something." Sighing, I murmur before coming to the kitchen to prepare her favourite chocolate shake.

***

I return to the room. "Who wants a yummy hot chocolate shake?" Hearing my words, Hope immediately looks at the glass in my hand with sparkling eyes, licking her lips.

I think my plan is working.

"Hopi won't have it because she's angry, right?" I ask, sitting beside her.

"No, Mommy. I'm not angry with you." She snatches the glass from my hand, causing me to chuckle.

I knew she wouldn't be able to say no to her favourite shake. I know my daughter so well.

As she drinks her shake, making a sound, I stroke her hair with a smile on my face. "Are you feeling better now, my little Hopi?"

She nods. "Yes, Mommy. Hopi is super duper happy now."

A smile spreads across my face as I see her mood lifting. "I'm glad, sweetheart. Mommy is really sorry for shouting at you earlier."

She nods again. "It's okay, Mommy. I love you so much. She can't stay angry with you for long." She sits on my lap and places a soft kiss on my cheek. Tears of joy prick my eyes at her words.

I lean in and plant a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Mommy loves you too, more than anything in this world," I say, embracing her close to my chest.

I just pray Luke doesn't come between us and snatch you from me.

For the next two days, I don't send Hope to school because I can't take the risk of Luke meeting her again. When I told Hope that she had a one-week holiday, she danced in overjoy for the entire day. We spent the two days watching her favourite movie, painting, and playing games.

What if Luke tries to contact us again? What if he discovers the truth about Hope? And what if he snatches her away from me? These questions torment me every second.