Chapter 5: Gorbsov

Artist: ywk_97

I have been sitting here for hours, I think to myself. Princess Koriand'r has refused to let me come back in, insisting I need all the sunlight I can get. I notice the Sun has started to set when the door behind me opens. "Levitate." She commands. I obey, not wanting to test how far this new Koriand'r would go to enforce her orders. She smiles as she sees me off the ground. "Good job, my Knight. Now come." She says, reaching for my hand. I obey and grab it. She brings me inside and sits on the bed, patting her lap. I blush lightly and sit on her lap, our size difference even more apparent. "I am sure you have noticed I am more- Versatile about you being my Knight then I was before." She states, looking to me for confirmation. I nod in acknowledgement. "This is because I am, frankly, tired of putting myself second when I am perfectly able to make myself first. So, some new rules." She says, flipping us around with me under her. She quickly grabs my wrists and pins them above my head with one of her hands. The other one holds my left hip. "You will obey every order- every desire-," she starts, her hand on my hip moving up my torso to one of my breasts, "every request, no matter what, like a good Knight."

I try to struggle but am met with a growl. She tightens her grip on my hands. "Failing to do so leads to loss of privileges." She says. I look at her, confused. "Right now, I am allowing you the freedom to walk in public without a visible marking. I am allowing you to eat with me and eat the same quality food. I am allowing so much more." Koriand'r states. I give a confused expression. She hasn't been seen for years and when she finally pops into my life again, she just instantly hijacks my life. I was about to protest, but she began to speak. "You swore loyalty to me and my sister, for as long as we breathe. Or do you want to abandon such a Oath? And commit Gorbsov?" She asks, a cruel smile on her face. I feel myself shiver. Gorbsov is a decree to the dead that the person dishonored a Life Oath and must not be allowed to join their family in the afterlife. I made the Oath and left no loopholes- I would be the sole reason for my Gorbsov.

I signed this Oath into my blood. I can't disappoint my ancestors, I think sadly.

"I- I don't want to commit Gorbsov..." I whimper. Her smile remains, reminding me that she knows she is in control. "Good Xari~. See? You're already being obedient!" She says happily. She reaches and grabs my chin gently, making me look at her. "I know right now this is a lot- And I may not seem like the best Princess right now. Just- Give me time to make sure you are secure and the rules are clear. And I promise soon, we will be able to go back to how we was." She said, a soft look in her eyes. Most people who suddenly switch emotions like this, I would be suspicious of, but some little piece of hope in me is excited to hear those words.

Maybe she is telling the truth, I convince myself, as Koriand'r straddles me and pulls me closer.