plot idea 1

feel free to change anything you'd like if you want this idea!! credit would be appreciated though!

title: her

clans: dawnclan and duskclan

~~~

DawnClan and DuskClan have been at conflict with each other for a long time, constantly fighting over a strip of land where both their founders died (which, in my mind, is at the top of a waterfall).

The story follows a cat, Nightshade, who has a sister named Silverfrost. Their mom died when they were young; Silverfrost looks eerily like their mother, so she's always been getting more attention from their father (who's the leader) and has a natural talent for things such as hunting and fighting, so Nightshade's always been jealous of her.

Now either Silverfrost and Nightshade get into an argument, and Nightshade runs out of camp and, furious, doesn't really pay attention to anything and accidentally tumbles down the waterfall and she "dies". She's somewhere in the middle of death and life, and a Dark Forest cat comes up to her and approaches her with a deal. 

He doesn't tell her what she has to give up, but basically if she accepts, she gets to be in Silverfrost's body and live Silverfrost's life. She accepts without another thought. When she wakes up next, she's in Silverfrost's body, and the Clan finds Nightshade's broken body and it turns out she's still alive, but barely. 

Nightshade assumes Silverfrost's in her body, but doesn't give it other thought as she's barely hanging on to life and the Clan quickly whisks Nightshade's body to the medicine den. Life goes on but quickly, Nightshade realizes Silverfrost's life isn't as perfect as she'd imagined (pressure and stuff) and she wants to switch back. 

By now, the medicine cat had healed  Nightshade's body and she was now awake, so Nightshade (in Silverfrost's body still) sneaks into the medicine den one night and says, "Silverfrost, Silverfrost, we need to switch back." But whoever's in Nightshade's body just looks back at her with wide eyes and says, "Who's Silverfrost?" 

At then, Nightshade comes to the realization that Silverfrost's spirit isn't in her body, and she has no idea where Silverfrost is or who's occupying her body. There's only one way to solve this, so she decides to throw herself off the waterfall again but rather than meeting that Dark Forest cat, she appears in a meadow where she finds Silverfrost. 

She quickly explains to Silverfrost what's going on, but to her horror, Silverfrost doesn't want to go back to the living world. She thinks there's less pressure without her father constantly watching her, and now, Nightshade's hopeless. The only idea she has left now is to get the Dark Forest cat to forceably switch them back, but before she leaves Silverfrost, she gives her a long speech (which eventually convinces her to switch back). 

She finds the dark forest cat, they have a fight, and Silverfrost appears somewhere along the lines to help Nightshade out. 

I don't have this bit really planned out but I think Nightshade should die and Silverfrost returns to her body, and whoever's in Nightshade's body stays there. 

But you can make the ending whatever you want, I really don't have this bit thought out. 

But I do think for the cat who's in Nightshade's body, the prologue can be from their pov of them dying from something stupid (characterizing them as a foolish cat and hence why they would make a deal with the Dark Forest cat in the first place), and them thinking about how much they want to live.