27 - 𝘛𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺

I woke up with my heart racing. The living room was dimly lit by the early morning sun filtering through the windows. The events of last night came rushing back, and the weight of everything pressed down on me like a suffocating blanket.

As I shifted, I realized I wasn't alone. I was on the couch and Newt's arms were wrapped around me, holding me tightly. His grip was firm, almost desperate. He was holding me like a child. Unprotected child.

He was trying to protect me, to comfort me, but it only felt like a reminder of how broken I was. My chest ached with a hollow, gnawing pain that never seemed to go away. I knew Newt didn't hate me—he loved me, cared for me—but that knowledge only made the burden heavier.

I didn't deserve his love or comfort. I was a weight dragging him down, suffocating him just as I was suffocating in my own skin.

Memories of last night were flooding my mind. It was a chaos. Newt insisted that we go to the police, but I knew someone would inform my parents and that was the last thing I wanted. My mom's judgment was the last thing I wanted.

Newt's grip softened around me and he shrugged. He was waking up.

It must've been so uncomfortable, sleeping on the couch while sitting. But I wouldn't apologize for that, because he wouldn't want me to.

I slowly got up and sat on the other side of the couch. He groaned as he massaged his neck, but as soon as he saw me he smiled like nothing was happening.

"Hey," I managed to give him a poor smile.

"Hey." He returned the smile once again.

It was awkward, but I knew I'd have to tell him someday, and it was kind of relieving. Hiding that many things were driving me crazy.

I knew he was gonna force me to go to the police. But maybe that was exactly what I needed to end this nightmare. Maybe I needed to solve things with law.

"Do you have any clothes here?"

"Yeah. I do have some."

"Okay then. Get ready and we'll go to the police."

I sighed, still not having a good feeling about this. "If he contacts me again, then we can go. But now, Newt I don't think they will listen."

"Why wouldn't they listen?"

"I don't know." I sighed. "He's texting me from different numbers whenever he contacts me. He had one number for a while but then he changed it for some reason. There will be a lack of evidence."

"No offense but I think your scars are enough evidence."

"They won't be able to tell who was it from,"

"Well you wouldn't just do that to yourself, would you?! Someone clearly did that and they'll know that!"

Not all of them were by him.
But I won't tell him that. He doesn't have to know that.

"We're going. It's the only thing we can do right now."

I sighed and nodded, not seeing any point in arguing even more.

"Can we at least wait for Minho and Thomas to wake up?"

He nodded. "Yeah. We can wait for Tommy."

"And Minho."

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine."

"Listen I get that you're mad at him, okay? But he has been trying to do better. He helped me."

"Because he caused all this."

"Yeah. Maybe it's because of his guilt. But either way, he's helping."

He nodded. "Okay, fine."

I got up and went to Minho's room quietly, trying not to wake him up.

"Heyy darling," I flinched, looking in his direction. He was sitting on his bed, wide awake.

"I thought you were asleep."

"What are you doing here?"

"I was gonna search for some of my clothes. You haven't thrown them away, have you?"

"No," He scoffed. "Why would I?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"You know I was thinking about something lately."

"Hm?"

"Since I left without saying anything, that means we technically haven't broken up, right?"

I let out a laugh. "Why were you thinking about that?"

He shrugged. "But it makes sense, right?"

"Mhm. Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact that we're not together."

He got up."Technically we are."

"I say we aren't."

He chuckled and opened a closet where he searched for my clothes.
"Alright," he gave me a pink shirt with jeans. "I'll leave so you can change."

He opened the door. "Wait. I have a question."

"You can't ask me later?"

"I won't ask later." I fidgeted with my fingers, not looking at him.

"Okay. What's up?"

Sky.

"Are you doing all this because of guilt?"

"Guilt?" He scoffed. "Are you blind?"

Okay. Not the response I was expecting.

"I mean yeah, obviously I feel guilty but I'm not doing this because I feel pity or something,"

"No?"

"No!" He closed the door again.

Well, that does change things.

"Mila I care about you. Deeply."

"I don't want that,"

"What?"

"I don't want you to care about me."

He stared at me in disbelief, until he slowly left the room.

Ha!..
I think I have a thing for pushing people away.

I know this chapter sucks, but I'd say trust the process(?) idk I'm not trusting this process either but I do have some ideas so Idk))

Anyway, take care loves!!