𝐋𝐗𝐗. hold me in the street and 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 let go

𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨

It goes without saying that Katsuki Bakugo was the type to never give up without a fight–probably until his body couldn't keep up and he pushed so hard he physically shut down. It didn't matter what it was, but if his heart was set, his ambition disguised as stubbornness prevailed like a burning flame that refused to go out unless you smothered it.

His explosions propelled him further, growing hotter to the touch with his frustrations upon reaching the library where the old feather was left. It had clearly been smashed between someone's fists, a single needle pinning it in the street so hard cracks surrounded the place of impact like a web.

His classmates were just as ambitious, or rather determined, in whatever they did. Some held out longer than others, but when faced with their own weakness, it was a lot harder to be the hero you so desperately desired to be. It didn't matter how much you trained, how much you wanted something, how much you cared, or even how desperate you were if you weren't able to overcome yourself.

One by one, as he ran along the street, he saw his classmates along the way facing their own nightmares and blinded to reality.

He knew exactly what she was doing.

Yume never wanted to hurt anyone, especially not the class, but she had orders, and running while leaving them blind until she was gone was her only option.

Unintentionally, she created a paper trail right to her, the boy not having time to stop his classmates from facing the illusions she had given when they got too close.

He knew with every classmate he passed, hearing his explosions and telling him to keep going even if they couldn't see him, she was stretching herself thinner and thinner. The girl only had so much to give, even if it was currently heightened with her emotions. The fuel would eventually run out.

When he had finally come across the girl, he had just passed Todoroki who had called out for him. He told him to reach her, and now here he was standing mere steps away from the girl he had been waiting to see for weeks. This moment he had been waiting for, to find her.

"Yume." He said, causing the running, frantic girl to stop.

She was soaked head to toe from the rain coming down harder now on top of them, something he hated but somehow couldn't find an ounce of rage to care about at this moment as she turned to look back at him.

His breath caught in his throat as he met those eyes, or rather one. This was the first time he had seen her in so long, even if it wasn't her currently with him.

He swallowed a lump in his throat before asking seriously, keeping the few yards of distance between him and her that was only filled with tension, "Where's Shi?"