𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒔

𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬

𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬

Some people believed that everything was connected one way or another. A thousand lives are tied together. What goes around, comes around, and all that jazz.

But Asumi would argue that everything was more like... your own personal mirror.

People were like mirrors, fragile and often inconsistent.

Some mirrors were bigger than others, and their reflective existence could dictate others, but it all depended on what you did with it. Everyone only got one.

Did you turn up the heat to fog up who you are? Drawing pictures in a mirror on your face instead of your own?

Did you cover the mirror with a tarp, ignoring yourself and all that came with it, and turn to others for guidance no matter how misguided or ill-intended?

Or did you shatter the mirror where it stood? Standing amongst the shards and scattered pieces of who you were sprinkled all around you at merely a glimpse of darkness you could not rid yourself from.

The sound of fighting was the rhythm of banging drums, battle cries like horribly pitched songs. It was so faint on her ears, everything that was happening. She wanted only to hear the pitter-patter of rain as they lay there, using the heat of her light to warm her numb, cold skin slowly coming back to life; and yet, she could not ignore that something sounded wrong and do nothing. They were heroes after all, right?

You didn't have to face it if you didn't look down, as the floor was where your bloodied feet were unable to move forward, surrounded by your reflection that served as a trap, a cage. People tried to help, but you wouldn't let them, taking the pieces they nicked their fingers and throwing them back down at your feet.

Like an ice pack to soothe an ache, the icy rain fell to her aching limbs as she slowly pushed off the ground, shaking and stumbling but rising nonetheless.

You didn't want to forget, you didn't want to move forward, you just wanted to stay there in your pain and avoid self-discovery or give yourself a chance to heal. It was better for everyone for blood to pool at your feet.

Her torn leg and its brace did little to help her in helping Bakugo to his feet, the boy struggling to follow her lead now that they were already down.

Asumi was like that, for so long...

Their feet slipped and wavered as they trekked toward the fight, listening to it get louder and louder. Their stubbornness prevailed in the worst of times, and they were also not the type to sit there and do nothing even if they should.

At least until he batted her hands away whenever she tried to make him stop picking up the glass.

By the time they reached the battlefield, their entire class was scattered and parting the way for Midoriya in an effort toget him to the front. He wore an All Might t-shirt, bloodied and beaten but fighting on–and they had no idea yet what he had faced before they got there.