Rainy Day Recruiting/Preparing the Shuttle for Launch

Finally, the day of the big field trip arrived-- the kids needed to be at school before eight o’clock so they could get a head count, and that meant that the ponies needed to be there before eight too, since they were special guests on the field trip and everything.

After breakfast (pancakes and smoothies prepared by Sam’s mom and Sunny), Sam got dressed in his school clothes and Sunny and Izzy (at Pipp’s suggestion) put on their space suits to look really festive for the occasion.

Izzy's spacesuit and boots were pastel blue and purple, with stars and moons around and her cutie mark on the right flank.
Sunny's spacesuit and boots were a light orange color, lighter than her coat color, with her cutie mark on the right flank.

Before they left, however, Sam turned back to the Pippsqueaks and Buddha, who stood on the patio to watch them leave. “Sorry you guys won’t be coming, Buddha,” he said before bowing respectfully. “Namaste.”

“Not to worry,” Buddha reassured his human, although only the ponies could hear him. “We have a plan of our own.”

“Bye, girls! Have fun playing with Buddha! We’ll be back at the end of the day!” Sunny told the Pippsqueaks before they left for school. Once they were gone, Glory turned to Buddha and her fellow Pippsqueaks with excitement. “You ready to go, guys?”

“So ready!” Seashell smiled. “First stop, Rosebud’s house!”

XXXXXXXX

“Come on, Alice!” Pipp called from the kitchen, making sure she had everything she needed for the day ahead. “We gotta go otherwise my sister is gonna beat us to the school!”

Pipp brushed the breakfast crumbs off of her space suit (which was a bright pink color with different gemstones sporadically placed on her suit, and her cutie mark on her right flank) before grabbing her phone and tucking it under her wing just before Rosebud and Alice ran into the kitchen.

Alice grabbed her backpack, and just before she and Pipp left, she blew Rosebud a kiss. “Catch!” she said, and Rosebud leapt up into the air as if she was catching the kiss. “Bye, Rosebud!”

“See ya after school!” Pipp told the girl pup before she and Alice quickly left the house… not seeing Buddha and the Pippsqueaks coming around the back. “Rosebud!” Peach Fizz called once Pipp and Alice were out of earshot. “Where are you?”

That’s when Rosebud peeked her head out of the doggy door to notice them. “Come on, sis,” Buddha urged. “I've got a plan for a rainy day field trip.”

However, Rosebud’s reaction was not what he was expecting. “Gross! No way I'm going ou tin that rain. It'll wreck my fur-do.”

“Trust me-- you can’t miss the idea that Buddha has in mind for all of us,” Seashell told the golden-furred female pup. “Come on!” Glory urged. “Let’s go!”

Rosebud, with a sigh, decided to go along with her brother and new friends’ plan, and followed them out the doggy door and away from her home, unsure of where they were going.

XXXXXXXX

At Bartleby's mansion, Hitch (who was wearing a spacesuit that was light yellow, lighter than his coat color, with green zig-zag stripes around his waist and on his boots, and his cutie mark on his right flank) and Bartleby were making the final preparations for the day, with Budderball sitting at the breakfast table as Bartleby tossed on his backpack. “Okay, Budderball! See you after school, big fella!” Bartlby bid farewell. “We’ll bring you back a snack!” Hitch spoke as they disappeared from sight. “We promise!”

Budderball watched them leave for a few moments… that is, until the chef laid out a large breakfast for the pup, making his mouth water. “Oh, sweet mama!”