Lost in Space/An Unexpected Fuel Problem

The most unexpected event had occured-- the Mane 6 had found out the Buddies and the Pippsqueaks snuck along on the field trip, but with them supervising, they all snuck aboard the space shuttle to get a closer look, only for them to be trapped inside the space shuttle just before it blasted off into space!

Not exactly the way that the Mane 6 were expecting this field trip to go, but nonetheless, it seemed they had a new mission on their hooves-- find a way to turn this shuttle around and get the Buddies back to Earth and back to their families, before they ended up too far away from home.

And this is where we continue our epic space tale right where we left off.

XXXXXXXX

The Pippsqueaks felt like they were going at a million miles per hour in that moment, excited and terrified all at once. Eventually, Seashell found her voice and let out a shriek. "It feels like my stomach is in my throat!!"

"Whoa!!" Rosebud cried. "This is like a ride on Space Mountain!!"

"Dad always said I should be more down to Earth!" B-Dawg shouted with regret. "Why didn't I listen?!"

"Honestly, I'm too terrified to say 'I told you so', B-Dawg!" Zipp said from the seat next to him. "Keep holding on, guys! Once we break through the atmosphere, we might be able to slow down!"

XXXXXXXX

Back in mission control, Pi, Slats and Astro kept a close monitor on everything and saw that the shuttle was now leaving Earth's atmosphere, directly on schedule.

Now, all they needed to do was to get this baby to the moon, and they would be able to make the history books.

XXXXXXXX

Like Zipp said, once they breached the atmosphere, the ponies and Buddies could feel the ship slowing itself down, causing Izzy to giggle and cheer. "That was an incredible ride!"

However, Budderball had to disagree, feeling like he was about to puke all over the seat in front of him. "I... don't recommend liftoff on a... full stomach..."

"That was heavenly," Buddha said with a calm expression, thankful that the rough part of the ride was now over. "Oh, yeah, totally heavenly," Hitch replied sarcastically. "Have you guys forgotten that we are NOW IN SPACE AND NONE OF US KNOW HOW TO PILOT THE SHIP TO GET BACK?!!"

"Oh yeah... now I remember..." Izzy said with a grimace. "That might be a problem."

"Well... until we can get back," Glory said with a nervous grin, "at least we can enjoy the beauty of space... r-r-right?"

The group sat in silence for a few moments, trying to ponder about what they were going to do next. And while this happened, they reached the part of space where there is no gravity. That's when Glory, out of curiosity, tapped the button with the restraints, releasing them.

And upon this happening, the entire group, not just the pegasi, began to float up and around the inside of the shuttle, much to their bewilderment... especially Budderball's. "I'm floating like a balloon!"

"Wha... w-what's happening?" B-Dawg asked out of slight panic. "Zero gravity!" Buddha said, bewildered. "It's where nothing can pull us down to the ground and keep us there, so we end up floating around."

"Oh, this is out of this world!" Sunny exclaimed before realizing. "Quite literally."

"This is incredible!" Zipp said, not believing they could do this until now. "You can say that again," Budderball said as he floated upside down. "Even I'm lighter than a feather."

"This is off the chain, dawgs," B-Dawg told his siblings and friends. "I could slam dunk in space!"

Buddha looked down at his chair and noticed another button he had noticed before, and once he was close enough, he pressed it with his paw. "Gravity reverser activated."