Chapter 20

Ash

"I...I don't remember anything," cried Ash into his hands; frustration and despair made his jaw ache and stomach tighten.

Why can't I remember what he did to me...Samael, it is my body, my mind, you bastard.

But is it?

Laughter echoed in his mind.

"Don't worry; all will be fine. We are together now," replied Emma, lifting his chin to kiss him. A warm, uplifting energy flowed into him, forcing his imagination to follow into areas only his dreams would go. His face burned in anticipation.

She smiled at him, and he was relieved to be seated as his legs trembled weakly.

I do love her...so much...

"I have to move to the front...and speak to the pilot. You try to relax, watch a film or play a game. I will be back soon," she said, brushing a parting kiss and moving a few rows along the corridor. She swayed her hips and glided gracefully as if not touching the floor. Mesmerised by her feminine curves and perfectly enticing motel green jersey dress, Ash's ears burned as he crossed his legs to keep his modesty.

Play a game...with what?

Emma glanced over her shoulder and winked, fully aware of his predicament.

Can my face get any hotter... I am the game...her prey...

She spun away, sliding aside the white curtain, enough for her to slip through but not enough for him to see what was on the other side.

He stared at where she had gone a moment, grinning, his wayward thoughts making his whole body shiver, though he felt like someone had thrown him in a sauna, neck burning and his stomach churning violently. His clothes stuck to him like wet glue.

Is it me, or is it hot here?

He unzipped his waterproof jacket and threw it on the seat behind him to peer around the plane at the harsh, luminist white leather seats and contrasting pitch-black carpet running along the corridor. The walls were an off-white shade, the mix making it difficult to relax, and the lighting bouncing off the décor created a horrible glare.

The portals were all shut; he opened the one next to him, and his breath caught in his throat. The world outside was black, with heavy, doom-like clouds; the blood-lit sun was forced into slumber as a sudden fork of lightning zigzagged along the distant cloud line. Ash snapped shut the portal as the thunder rumbled, reminding him that the storm was very present and never over.

I don't like that there is always a storm brewing around me...

Samael's laughter echoed in the depths of his consciousness. Ash ignored his insanity and adjusted the airflow of the vent above him.

Bloody hot...

He started to pull off his hoodie.

"Hello, chocolate drop," said a voice, chilling his spine.

Fuck...I think of insanity and it appears...

He paused, his face hidden in the material, and gathered his composure before pulling the rest over his head and throwing it on top of his jacket to glare at the white-haired savage.

Jayne ignored his gaze, dropping into the seat across from him. Her oversized mouth flashed razor-sharp teeth.

Why does she always look like she wants to eat me...

"Here, have this to keep your strength up," she said, chucking him a plastic-wrapped sandwich and a water. Both at the same time. The bottle hit his head, and the sandwich landed on his lap.