The Beginning Of Everything As It Is And Was- Lore Tome 1

This story was approved and set to be added to the game. It would likely have appeared as a standard book.

     Before the Caretakers, everything was everywhere and all the time. It simply was. There was no order, no passing of time. Then there were Caretakers, put into existence by nothing and starting the cycle of everything. There were six, each connected to a sense: Axiom, of sight. Echelon, of smell. Reverie, of listening. Resonance, of taste. Zenith, of force. Elysium, of the sixth sense, a kind of astral communication, different from the other senses, for better or worse. They were not gods. They were greater entities, their bodies blocky from their sudden appearance. 

     They created the Districts, to fill the void in the space of nothing. Thus, they willed into existence the Citadel, an island surrounded by sky, and from it the Districts stemmed from natural Rune Gates. They watched for eons as their world unfolded, occasionally creating descendants, the sentient of which they released into their world, and came to be known as Grand Entities, the non-sentient locked away as to not cause harm. The Caretakers used their new world, the Dreamworld, as a sort of greenroom for the stage of the rest of everything, casually staying in the calm realm as the lesser entities below busied like ants, before resuming their work in the rest of the universe. 

     In the shadows of the Dreamworld, another greater entity formed, unknown to them. He went by many names from the few that saw him as he built his power, but would ultimately declare his name HOME. For some time, he lived as a normal entity, doing mortal tasks within Citadel, and forming a relationship with another entity, whose identity is unknown. At some point in time, they left the Dreamworld, and HOME was enraged, believing she had been killed. 

     While he mourned, he blamed the Caretakers and their unnatural powers. He grew spiteful, eventually making an oath to end the rule of the Caretakers and their oblivious nature to the lives of the lesser entities that they had created. Not even Elysium, with his strange powers sometimes giving foresight, could predict his coup. HOME sensed within him weakness, and as the other Caretakers busied themselves with their tasks throughout the universe, HOME drew Elysium away from the others and told him of his plan. Elysium reluctantly agreed to help him, fearing for his own existence despite his learned immortality. He did not tell the others, fearing they would call him insane and send him to isolation. 

     HOME waited for eons for the Caretakers' weakening as the universe expanded. Time passed slowly in the Dreamworld, and though years flashed by everywhere else in the universe, most of the lesser entities had just now grown to their prime age. HOME waited. The Caretakers' abilities to take care of the ever-expanding universe faltered. His sadness and fury built. 

     On what would have been a day of worship from the entities of the Dreamworld, HOME destroyed the Caretakers and their rules of reality, though their fight was unrecorded. When they died, the universe shook, and their powers bled to whatever was nearby, mostly HOME and the non-sentient entities locked under their palace. He made a throne of the Caretakers' corpses, with Zenith's head on top, for HOME believed him to have eliminated his lover, and cursed Elysium to sit upon it and watch the universe unravel around him.

Commentary

This being the first tome, it was both fun and very stressful to get to shape this world myself. I had a very loose rein of what the story would end up as. If you're reading this and the game hasn't come out yet, the lover's name was supposed to be up to the players to find out (It was Megan. If you're reading this after the game came out and I just forgot to delete it... Oops). Honestly I don't have too much else to say about this.