The Untitled Journal

This story was never reviewed and may or may not have appeared in-game. As the name suggests,  I envision this as a journal you would likely find along a road in an abandoned camp, or at an inn or something.

Hello, reader! If you are reading this, it must have been published after I set out for my next adventure (or you are the publisher, in which case- do so!)! Therefore, I cannot answer any questions at this time. I can only tell you what I know.

The other day, traveling along the road to Isolation for more adventures, something attracted me off the path. I found an odd-looking shack, seeming older than Zenith's bones, and unlocked. I decided to go inside and look around, thinking Heck, I set out for an adventure, and there's one right here!

As soon as I stepped in, I knew something was different. The air felt stiller, my body felt lighter and more rested. It also seemed the shack's inside was bigger than the out, and the light level was even throughout. Though it was mid-day when I entered, after stepping back outside it was pitch-black midnight! I left the door open the second time to experiment, and sure enough, the stars didn't spin away.

After looking around (and admittedly, grabbing a few snacks from the owner's pantry), I found an odd book. It felt off in some way, and heavier than it should be for its size. I took it outside and squatted to read, not wanting a year or two to go by every paragraph! It read as follows, translated from my memory;

"Megan is gone. I don't know how or why, but she is. There isn't a single trace of her anywhere, as if she just disappeared from nowhere. I visited her home, and nothing. Except... that symbol..."

Then, the craziest thing! The book started vibrating, and I got a feeling that it was angry. Then it flew into the sky! I searched for hours, trying to find where it landed. Who the heck is Megan, anyways? I'll try to find out in my next adventure! See you elsewhere!

Commentary

This was hands down my favorite of all the texts to write. I imagined the author as having written several similar books before (In my head he was named Marc Mapmaker).  If you hadn't guessed it, this shack belonged to none other than HOME and would likely have been a short distance from where you found the journal.