To Worship Our Caretakers

This text was scrapped and probably would not have been included in the game. However, I finished it, and I will post it here regardless. Had it been included I envision it as a pamphlet or something along those lines.

To worship our Caretakers! This is the way we, the entities of their creation, have chosen, and the way we live! We worship them for they are our greater entities, our betters, the grand entities' parents! Betrayed by the Seventh and the Sixth, the Five are the true creators!

We worship you, Axiom! The patron of sight! You give us the ability to move forward, to better ourselves and our worship! We give your blue shrine, topped with Pyramid of Eyes, gifts of gratitude for our water!

We worship you, Echelon! The patron of smell! You give us the ability to grow and cook food, to grow ourselves and our worship! We give your red shrine, topped with Rectangle of Life, gifts of gratitude for our food!

We worship you, Reverie! The patron of listening! You give us the ability to hear our mistakes, to improve ourselves and our worship! We give your turquoise shrine, topped with Sphere of Smoke, gifts of gratitude for our order!

We worship you, Resonance! The patron of taste! You give us the ability to converse among ourselves, to spread the word of ourselves and our worship! We give your purple shrine, topped with Rhombus of Sage, gifts of gratitude for our companions!

We worship you, Zenith! The patron of force! You give us the ability to fight to survive, to continue ourselves and our worship! We give your white shrine, topped with Shape of Strength, gifts of gratitude for our lives!

We are followers of your greatness! You lead us, Caretakers, through death and destruction! We entrust our lives with you, in the Dreamworld and beyond!

Commentary

This was honestly the second most fun text to write, the first being one you'll see later. I had an opportunity to shape the way some characters may have behaved by creating a religion. This story was scrapped because we decided that not having a religion would be best received by players, and wouldn't accidentally offend anyone.