9. Stonestripe

Brackenfall slowly took off the cobwebs that clung to Firekit's fur. The flame colored tom finally was able to leave the medicine den; after many long sunrises, the ginger medicine cat gave the all-clear signal.

Once Brackenfall was finished, Firekit yelled "Bye!"

Behind the nursery, the other ten kits were talking about the prophecies.

"Watch out! Coming through!" Firekit tackled Sandkit.

"Firekit!" Sandkit started licking his face.

"You're alright!" Yellowkit gaped.

"Um, duh!" the flame colored tom

"Okay, we were talking about the prophecy and the omen," Bluekit explained.

"I think the omen means that you and Tigerpaw will fight and that will destroy bracken." Ravenkit shrugged.

"The forest," Dustkit growled.

"I don't think any of you are right," Firekit interrupted.

"What do you mean?" Hollykit asked.

"At midnight, I was talking to Brackenfall. Also, right when he left I saw the same omen: fire swallowing the bracken only to be quenched by water," Firekit voiced his thoughts.

Everyone looked at each other. "I guess that makes sense, but it would be an unnecessary death." Bluekit stated.

"You're reminding me of Whiteclaw!" Graykit complained.

"Sorry, but you didn't kill him," Bluekit corrected.

"Yes, I did!" Graykit retorted.

"No, you didn't" Bluekit scoffed.

"Can you guys just shut up?" Duskit asked.

"But guys," Sandkit looked excited.

"What?" Whitekit asked.

"We are almost apprentices!" the pale ginger she-cat squealed.

Oakkit gave her a Seriously? look.

"What? It means that we may actually have a chance against Tigerpaw!" Sandkit pointed out.

"Oh, and Firekit?" Bluekit asked. "What was your dream about?"

Firekit looked confused. "Which one?"

"You know plenty well which one I'm talking about," the blue-gray she-cat growled.

"Um," Firekit thought back. "Well, I was being chased by Tigerpaw, who was taunting me saying he was nine moons old. Well, I guess he'd be thirteen moons old by now. He was basically taunting me about me being a pawn, and how Hawkpaw, Maplepaw, Darkpaw, Brokenpaw, Thistlepaw, and a few others were also reborn. Then, eventually, he caught up to me and attacked me."

"Ouch," Silverkit winced.

"What do you mean, 'pawn'?" Whitekit asked.

"That's just what Tigerpaw called me. Even though, he might have a new name now." the flame colored tom shuddered.

"Okay, so..." that was the last word he could get out.

"Firekit! Sandkit! Ravenkit! Graykit! Bluekit! Yellowkit! Whitekit! Dustkit! Oakkit! Silverkit! Hollykit! Get inside the nursery immediately!" Shimmerfire poked a frightened head out of the nursery.

Without hesitation, the kits entered the nursery.

"What is it?" Ravenkit asked.

"ShadowClan's attacking our camp!" the pure black queen showed pure hatred on her muzzle. Scary.

From in the nursery, the kit's spotted the familiar cats known as Tigerpaw, Hawkpaw, Maplepaw, Thistlepaw, and Brokenpaw. The leader, Lizardstar, battled one on one with Ashstar, but Tigerpaw approached the nursery. The great tabby tom was after the reborns. What a surprise, but Blazefur attacked him. No one attacked ThunderClan's kits. Especially not her own.

It was an epic fight, but Tigerpaw already had the advantage of size, so Blazefur's mate, Stonestripe, left everything he was doing to help win this fight. But Tigerpaw had already known he was coming. He used his Dark Forest skills to place a bite on the gray warrior's spine. Stonestripe fell dead at his paws.