39. Fireheart is A Kit

Silverstream's eyes taunted the reborns. She was perfect during the training session, they weren't.

"Oakheart! Oakheart! Oakheart! That move, the one you used against Fireheart, you have to show me it sometime!" Dustpelt was saying.

"Great," Fireheart groaned, "You'd be attacking me every few heart beats."

Graystripe shoved his friend. "It wouldn't be the end of StarClan. He's wanted to attack you since we were apprentices," the gray tom's voice dropped to a whisper, "For the first time."

"The stick's still here!" Dustpelt went up to the stick.

"Wait..." Sandstorm closed her eyes. "Everyone meet me in the training hollow."

The reborns shared a glance, shrugged, gathered Jayfeather and Yellowpaw, and left for the training hollow.

"The Stick of the Fallen is still there," Sandstorm announced once the cats arrived.

"Yes," Jayfeather looked annoyed. "Why would it leave?"

"I'm not talking about whether or not it should have stayed." the pale ginger she-cat growled.

"She's talking about if we'll be recognized. Both Fireheart and Hollyleaf are on that stick." Graystripe continued.

Sandstorm blinked surprised, "When did you figure that out?"

"While we were guarding the camp." the gray tom explained.

"And you didn't tell us?" Dustpelt demanded.

"We were fighting, and it eventually slipped my mind," Graystripe looked embarrassed.

"Right," Fireheart closed his eyes.

"Why did you close your eyes?" Bluefur asked.

"I was...Just...Thinking..." the ginger tom shrugged.

"What were you thinking about?" Yellowpaw questioned.

"Are you invading my private space?"

"No, but normally you have important things to say." the gray she-cat rolled her eyes.

"Do you remember the omen?" Fireheart asked reluctantly.

"Yeah," Ravenheart answered.

"The fire burning bracken in tiger stripes only to be quenched by water," Hollyleaf recited.

"...It hasn't occured yet...I worry about that..." Fireheart admitted. "When I was an apprentice, I had a dream that Tigerclaw and I would fight while it's raining, and Brackenfall would die...And then Silverstream helped stop Tigerclaw..."

"You didn't tell us..." Whitestorm sounded annoyed.

Mapleshade winced. "About that, I can tell you Tigerclaw's plan,"

The reborns attention was on her.

"Tell us," Oakheart ordered.

"He planned to take out the StarClan reborns' parents before attacking the reborns." Mapleshade winced. "And here's the horrid part. Fireheart, Tigerclaw's been planning to break you, take over your body, make your soul extinct, and rip out the heart of ThunderClan,"

"That's...Interesting..." Fireheart tried not to sound to revolted.

"Then," the attention span of the reborns went to Bluefur, "I don't want Fireheart to be alone. Ever. There always has to be at least one other reborn with him,"

"I'm not a kit!" the ginger tom objected.

"I volunteer!" Sandstorm, Ravenheart, Graystripe, and Dustpelt raised their tails.

Fireheart was not amused.

Bluefur was amused.

Sandstorm thought Fireheart looked cute. She pounced on him. "I'll go with you."

Fireheart was now looking forward to spending time with Sandstorm.

They headed back to camp.

Comment!! :D