brother

"so, you were gonna talk to me about something?" keishin remided his sister as he drove her home.

she sighed, looking out the car window, "i had to go to another dinner last week with mom."

"you needa start coming up with excuses to get out of those," he said. "what happened this time?" his eyes traveled to the bandages on her hands.

"on the way home," she massaged her fingers, "mom said that she was getting remarried."

keishin's eye widened a bit as he stared at the road in front of them.

their parents never had a great relationship. mariko was an "accident", and wasn't conceived out of love.

her father never payed much attention to her after she was born, and left the babysitting either to his son or father.

both of the siblings grew up listening to the arguing that went back and forth between their parents at a young age, but they never got divorced until keishin graduated.

mariko was only 9 when her mother moved away from the ukai household, and when she had last seen her father. their mother had left keishin to deal with her family shop, providing him with not much for his schooling nor adulthood.

keishin scoffed, "taking off to build another life again, huh? how long has she even been with this guy?"

"she didn't say. she only told me of their relationship with him that night."

he sighed, "don't worry about it mariko. once you graduate, you'll be completely free from her." he pulled up to the driveway in fron of her empty house, "you'll definitely get scholarships from many good schools because of your skills.

he looked at her in the eyes, "take them and use it to abandon her."

-----

"nice kill mariko!" her team mates patted her back as she scored another point.

the score was now 20-16 with aoba johsai in the lead on the second set.

the other team panicked. they knew that that they couldn't compete well with the powerhouse school, but they didn't wanna loose.

the blonde coach watched from the stands with his assistant coach by his side.

"has she gone to nationals yet?" takeda asked.

"she did twice in junior high, but she has yet to go in as a high schooler," he replied. "she's made it to finals throughout the years, but lost to shiratorizawa and niiyama's teams."

they watched as the girl scored the last point, "she's, without a doubt, born to play."

aoba johsai celebrated again and jumped together in a big huddle. cheers filled the court from the big group of supporters next to karasuno's coaches.

the girls lined up in front of the audience, but the captain paused in shock to see her brother in the stands.

her eyes lit up and her smile grew wider, "thank you for your support!"

she finished up gathering her things in the court with a wide smile on her face.

"what'chu smilin for, huh?" her setter smirked at her, "saw someone cute in the stands or something?"

"what? no," she looked back at her with a disturbed look on her face, "i'm just happy we won."

"uh huh," yamada replied sarcastically.

"the boys are playing right now, yeah? are we gonna watch?" hanami asked.

"of course," their captain replied. "oh yeah, dinner at my place tonight," she told her friends.