teenagers

the group of seven sat around the playground at a nearby park. it was already past 8:30pm on a monday night.

mariko sat next to iwaizumi and oikawa on the swings, yamada and hanami were on the slide - yamada at the bottom with hanami at the top of the slide, and matsukawa and hanamaki were on the seesaw together.

they chatted and ate their pastries from the bakery.

"what's up with you two? you guys have been closer than usual," yamada asked the couple next to her.

"we're dating," they both replied calmly.

the other five gasped, matsukawa fell off the seesaw, causing the other boy to fall straight down at the shift of weight.

"why didn't you tell us!?" oikawa asked, "i've known you two since we were like eight! i should've been the first to know!"

"mariko! you're just gonna cheat on me like that!? you're my wife!" yamada stood in front of the girl and shook her shoulders back and forth.

"what's the big deal!?" the female ace whined. "it's nothing big!"

"not telling you best friends that you two are dating isn't a big deal!?" yamada shook the girl shoulders even harder.

"don't break her neck," hanamaki giggled.

"yeah iwa-chan! why didn't you two tell you best friends!?" oikawa stood up from his seat.

"you never tell me about your relationships till you break up with them," the boy deadpanned.

oikawa offendedly gasped, "but that's different!"

"you're each other's firsts, right? of course we wanted for you to tell us sooner," hanami said as she slid down the slide. "i mean, it's not surprising, you two act like a married couple 24/7 anyways."

"how long have you guys been dating anyways?" matsukawa asked.

iwaizumi slightly blushed at the memory of the day they confessed to each other, "saturday."

they tilted their heads in confusion.

he cleared his throat, "we made it official on saturday."

hanamaki and matsukawa smirked, "oohh? did you two have fun?"

"oh shut up!" iwaizumi growled.

mariko was dizzy from yamada's shaking. she leaned her head on her arms that held onto one of the chains on the swing. "i still don't know what the big fuss is about," she pouted.

"it's just weird to think about," hanami replied.

matsukawa chuckled, "though we joke about it all the time, i didn't think you two would actually admit to dating each other."

"i thought you guys would have only confessed in like a near death situation or something," hanamaki added.

"did you even tell your brother yet? what about your mother, iwa-chan?" oikawa asked.

the two let out a little huff of air as they laughed, "no," they both replied.

-----

"why do we have to use my house to hang out?" mariko pouted as she put the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

yamada grabbed a handfull from the bowl, "you house is the cleanest and most spacious, duhh."

mariko's mother had left monday night, only leaving a note saying 'going back for work, keep working hard' and an envelope of money for the girl to use.

the other six teenagers barged into the house that saturday morning with the help of iwaizumi's spare key. they raided the girl's pantry and were sprawled out all over the girl's living room.