☆Seventeen ☆

T/W: Minor sexual content. Mentions disembodied voices and cupboards, opening, closing by themselves, along with some faint music.

***

Nolan rolls over and yawns, stretching as he swipes the sleep out of his eyes and glancing over at the sleeping form of Avery, who's burrowed beneath the blankets, sighing softly in her sleep.

After Avery had shown up at the paranormal society, Nolan had called an impromptu meeting and shared the information about the latest case. Once a plan had been made, Nolan contacted the client and then..he and Avery split, heading straight to Nolan's place where they had sweet, yet passionate sex.

When they'd finished, Nolan got up and made Avery some tacos for dinner before they collapsed back in Nolan's bed, screwing once more before they both drifted off to sleep, holding each other.

Nolan smiles to himself as he quietly climbs out of the bed and heading for the bathroom to take a piss. As Nolan's washing his hands, he hears the bed creak and a moment later, Avery appears in the entrance to the bathroom, looking sleepy and rumpled, but also extremely cute.

"'Morning," Avery murmurs, leaning against his doorway frame, just admiring Nolan's fine figure as he turns, grinning.

"Good morning, my lovely." Nolan kisses Avery on the forehead and a smile appears on her face.

"Excuse me," Avery murmurs, slipping past Nolan to use the toilet herself.

"I'll just head downstairs and get some breakfast whipped up," Nolan tells Avery, exiting the bathroom and heading down the hallway.

"Great," Avery calls after him. She quickly uses the toilet, washes her hands, exits the bathroom and pads downstairs, joining Nolan in the kitchen, where he's pulling ingredients out of the fridge.

"Get ready for the best omelet you've ever had in your life," Nolan tells Avery as she leans against the island in the middle of the kitchen and smiles. She adored watching Nolan cook. Of course, Avery was biased and would have enjoyed watching Nolan do just about anything.

"We'll see," Avery teases and Nolan chuckles. Avery slips closer to Nolan, gently wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him. Nolan pauses with his food preparations and gently takes Avery's chin in his fingers, leaning over to kiss her. He feels Avery's body respond to his tender affection and her hands grip Nolan's arms. Nolan groans in frustration.

"Do you realize how difficult you're making this for me?" Nolan complains good naturedly. Avery laughs.

"Yup. Which means my evil plot is progressing quite nicely." Nolan mock grumbles under his breath as Avery steps away from him, wandering around to perch on one of the bar stools.

"When will we be heading out to investigate this new place," Avery asks, watching as Nolan expertly juggles a bottle of olive oil, a frying pan and a spatula.

"This weekend," Nolan responds, setting the frying on on top of the stove and flicking it on before adding a touch of olive oil.

"No offense, but this one sounds a little creepier," Avery comments. Nolan nods, looking a little absent-minded. Avery thinks about how adorable Nolan appears when he's concentrating so hard on a task.

Within a few minutes, Nolan has an omelet prepared for Avery. He quickly gets some coffee brewing and then, gets to work preparing his own omelet.

"Oh my gosh!" Nolan watches with deep satisfaction as Avery closes her eyes, savoring the taste of the omelet. "That is damn excellent, Wright!"

Nolan gives Avery a smug look, as he takes his own omelet out of the pan and  places it on his plate.

"Told ya." Nolan can't keep the smugness out of his voice.