Chapter 9: While You're At It

Warning ⚠️: use of alcohol and cannabis, slight violence

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎

I couldn't get her off my mind

I couldn't get her off my mind. No matter how many shots I take, she won't leave my consciousness.

I had stopped counting at six.

No matter how drunk I get, it still doesn't stop me from seeing her crooked smile everytime I close my eyes. It doesn't stop the phantom bell of her laugh, or the ghost of her lips on mine.

The feeling of her body, writhing and moaning, underneath me.

I didn't want to do this. Getting drunk out of my mind for the girl that has my heart in her fist, is not the way I should break things off.

I don't remember how I ended up on her front porch at 2:30 am., trying to work up the courage to knock.

It has been two weeks since Shigaraki threatened to decay Kazemi . Two weeks since I didn't listen to him. I wish I had listened, as inconvenient as that is.

I wouldn't need to do this if Shiggy hadn't started showing up in Kazemi's backyard like some stalker almost everytime I come over. He never made a move to come in, just stood there like some creep. But, knowing Shigaraki, he was fuming. It was only a matter of time before he exploded.

I have to do this to keep her safe; I shouldn't have gotten involved with Kazemi.

I shouldn't have fallen in love with Kazemi.

I'm terrified. For the first time, I was scared for somebody other than myself.

That terrifies me, too. The last girl I had let come into my life left me for Shigaraki, who killed her with his quirk before I could blink. I don't think I even loved Kunichi. She was toxic and fucked all my friends before "dating" me.

"Villains don't have time for love." Shigaraki had said that day, "Hopefully, this won't happen again."

It's times like this that I wish I could cry.

But I have to do this to keep Kazemi safe.

I love her.

I'll be damned if I'm the reason for her death.