The plates of Woe

"They never survive. It's dangerous by day." Buck said in a deep voice as he played with some dinosaur bones. "But it's even worse at night." He now said in a high-pitched voice. "Plus, their guide is a lunatic," again in a deep voice. "What? You mean Buck? Oh, He's a wacko." "I am not" Buck said in a normal voice. "Totally bonkers." "And his feet smells." "Shut up!" "You shut up!" "Oh, you little." He said and tackled his own foot. "He's strangling his own foot." Manny told Ellie. "Shouldn't we get moving?" Manny asked. "What? And give Rudy a midnight snack? Not likely." "The skull's right. take a load off, mammals. We'll camp here. Now, who's hungry?" He asked and I instantly looked at him with a hopeful face."

There I was... My back against the wall. No way out. Perched on a razor's edge of oblivion. Staring into the eye, of the beast. Were you killed? Sadly, yes. But I lived! Never had I felt so alive, than when I was so close... To death. Just before, Rudy could suck me down his gullet. I hold of that, pink thing that at the back of the throat. I hung on to that sucker, and I back and forth, back and forth. Back... and and back. finally I let go and shot out of his mouth. I may have lost an eye that day. But I got this." "Rudy's tooth..." "It's like the old saying: 'An eye for a tooth' A nose for a chin. A butt for a'... It's an old saying. But uh, it's not a very good one." "You're a super weasel." "Ultra weasel" "Diesel Weasel." Buck just told us his story with Rudy as we sat around a fire ang got ready for the night. "Now let me tell you the time I used to sharpen, clam-Shell to turn a T-Rex, Into a T-Rachel "Yes master." Crash and Eddie spoke "Wow, that's enough fairy-Tales for one night. Come on, Ellie. You rest now"

"All right, you guys get some shut-eye. I'll keep watch." Buck spoke. "Don't worry, Buck." Eddie said. "We got this. Nighttime is possum time." "Yeah, we own the night, baby." They said, and just one moment later they were all asleep. I sat next to the fire and warmed myself when I heard footsteps behind me, and just a moment later, Buck sat next to me. "Can't sleep?" He asked, and I looked at him. "Yeah. It's just so many things going on right now." I told him. We just sat there in silence until I heard Manny yelling in terror, and I instantly looked over to him, seeing he had woken up Ellie. "What's going on? Are you okay?" She asked. "Uh, I'm sorry, I just wanted to keep you safe, and... now you're in the most dangerous place in the world." "Hey, This isn't your fault. It's bigger than both of us. We have to get Sid." "Yeah, but if I had been a better friend to him, we wouldn't be here." "Better friend?" Buck asked him. "Are you plucking my whiskers? You risked your life, your mate, and your baby to save your buddy. Not the best husband or father, but a darn good friend. He then again walked over to me and guided me over to a tree. I looked at him with a questionable look. "You can sleep up there." He said and smiled. I quickly climbed up there and laid on the branch. But since there was no fire, it was very cold, considering it's nighttime. Just a moment later, I felt Buck climbing up behind me. I turned around, and he held his arms open for me. I smiled and quickly went up to him. He took me in his arms and laid down on his back. Now we were cuddling up with one another, and I finally found some sleep.

The next day I woke up, I was still cuddling up to Buck, but he was already awake, staring at me. I lifted my head and looked around, disoriented. "Morning, love." He said smirking. I then looked at him and got a red face because of how close we were. "Morning." I said sleepy. I climbed down the tree and stretched myself as I noticed the others also got ready.

We were still walking in a kind of Jungle when we came to a sudden stop. "Everybody stop!" Buck yelled. Then he started sniffing, "I smell something." Next to me, Crash sniffed himself and looked around, unsure. But Buck walked over to something that was laying on the ground. "Hm. Smells like a buzzard's butt fell off...and then got sprayed on by a bunch of skunks." "That's Sid." Diego said. "Mammals! We have ourselves a crime scene. A tuft of fur. Half-eaten carcass. Hunk of...Oh, no! Broccoli," he told us seriously. "Here's what I think happened. Dinosaur attacks Sid. Sid fights back with piece of broccoli, leaving dinosaur....a vegetable." I looked at him dumbfooled. "Are you nuts?" Diego asked. "Sid's not violent or coordinated." "Yeah, and where's the dinosaur?" "All right, all right. Good point. Theory two. Sid's eating broccoli; Dinosaur eats Sid. Dinosaur steps on broccoli, leaving broccoli a vegetable. "Buck, when exactly did you lose your mind?" "Hm. Three months ago. I woke up one morning married to a pineapple. An ugly pineapple. But I loved her." He spoke, and I looked at him strangely. "Uh Buck? I think you missed a little clue over here." Diego said, and we all walked over to a destroyed pat. "Well, your friend might be alive, but not for long. Rudy's closing in." "Woah." Crash and Eddie said. "You got it. The plates of Woe or whatever is left of them." He said and we looked at a stony gorge.