Chapter - 4

Ella's POV:

Ella returned to her small apartment, the adrenaline from the morning's events still coursing

 through her veins. She set her keys down and began preparing a light breakfast, trying to steady her nerves. As she sat down with her toast and tea, her phone buzzed with a new email notification.

She opened it, eyes widening as she read the message. "Congratulations, Ella! We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as an employee at our company. Please join us as soon as possible."

Ella couldn't believe it. After all the rejection and harassment, she finally had a job offer. A wide smile spread across her face as she jumped up from her seat, nearly spilling her tea in the process. She felt a sense of relief and joy wash over her.

Deciding to treat herself, she made plans to go shopping for decent workwear. She didn't have many suitable outfits for an office environment, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to celebrate.

On Her Way to the Mall:

Ella walked briskly to the mall, her excitement palpable. As she approached the entrance, she spotted a familiar face. It was Edward, the man who had helped her the previous day. He was walking with a young woman who looked strikingly similar to him."Edward!" Ella called out, waving.

Edward turned and smiled warmly. "Hey, Ella! How are you?"

"I'm great, actually" she said, beaming. "Thank you again for yesterday."That's a Good  news " Edward replied. "This is my sister, Clara.""Nice to meet you, Clara," Ella said, shaking her hand."Likewise," Clara responded with a friendly smile.

Ella excused herself, not wanting to intrude on their time together. She waved goodbye and headed into the mall, feeling lighter than she had in days.

At the Mall:

Ella wandered through the mall, browsing various stores and enjoying the retail therapy. She picked out a few professional outfits and was about to check out when she realized she needed a water bottle. She headed to a nearby store to grab one.

As she approached the store, her heart sank. Standing there was the last person she wanted to see: Lucas, the man she had an altercation with two days ago. He was heading toward the same store, and a sense of dread filled her. Determined to avoid another confrontation, she quickened her pace, reaching the counter first.

But as she stood there, waiting for service, the store employee ignored her and handed the water bottle to Lucas instead. Ella felt a flush of embarrassment and anger. The employee was too busy staring at Lucas to notice her.

"Excuse me," Ella said, trying to get the employee's attention. When that didn't work, she banged her hand on the counter. "Excuse me!"

The employee finally looked at her, annoyed. Meanwhile, Lucas, who had just woken up and was still groggy from a night of partying, looked at Ella with a faint memory trying to surface.

Lucas's POV:

Lucas blinked, trying to place the girl standing in front of him. She looked familiar, but his sleep-deprived mind was struggling to recall. He had spent the previous night at a club in the mall, indulging in his usual activities and not getting nearly enough sleep.

The girl seemed angry, her eyes blazing with frustration as she banged on the counter. Lucas found her amusing, almost entertaining in her fury. Then, it hit him—she was the one who had ruined his favorite car.

His amusement turned to irritation. "You again," he muttered, his tone cold. "What do you want now?"

Ella snapped at him, her voice sharp. "Stop staring at me like I'm some kind of exhibit. I just want to buy a water bottle."

Recognition dawned fully on Lucas. "Oh, it's you. The girl who spilled that shake on my car," he said, his annoyance clear.

Ella's eyes narrowed. "Yes, and I apologized for that. But this isn't about your car. This is about basic respect."

Lucas scoffed, stepping closer. "Respect? From someone like you? You're lucky I don't make you pay for the damage."

"Damage, yeah like a Metal Bull Like Car Will Get Destroyed By a Clod Coffee But a Human Made Up of Flesh Won't Get Any Damage From a Freaking CAR"

Lucas Tried to Have his Way to But Then He saw Something He didn't want to see His Older Brother With His Ex-Girlfriend His Mood Soured More And He

Looked at Ella with all The Hatred He Can Gather Which Was Not Directed at Her and He left Leaving Her Speechless