Chapter - 5

Ella woke up early, excitement and nerves dancing in her stomach. Today was the day she would start her new job at Harrison Corporation. After a quick breakfast and a final check in the mirror, she set off for the company's headquarters.

The building stood tall and majestic, its name shining in the sunlight. "Harrison Corporation," she whispered to herself, feeling a sense of pride and relief. She had made it into a high-end company, a significant step forward in her career.

As she entered the lobby, Ella was greeted by a receptionist with a warm smile. "Good morning. How can I help you?" the receptionist asked.

"Good morning," Ella replied. "I'm Ella Roberts, here for my first day. I was selected for the sales department."

The receptionist typed something into her computer and nodded. "Welcome, Ella. There's an introductory meeting for all new joiners today. Please head to the meeting room down the hall."

Ella thanked her and made her way to the meeting room. Outside, she noticed two girls and three boys standing in the hallway, all seeming a bit nervous and hurried. She joined them, and together they entered the room.

Inside, Ella's heart skipped a beat. Sitting at the head of the table, looking as commanding as ever, was Lucas Harrison—the same man she had quarreled with twice in a week. He glanced up from the file in his hand and met her eyes, a faint smirk playing on his lips.

A woman standing at the front of the room gestured for everyone to take their seats. Ella was so engrossed in her thoughts that she failed to notice there were over twenty people in the room. She quickly found a seat as the woman introduced herself.

"Good morning, everyone. I'm Ms. Carter, the secretary to the president. Welcome to Myers Corporation. We'll start with introductions. Please tell us your name and the position you've been hired for."

The introductions began, and Ella listened attentively:

Anna Lewis - Marketing AnalystMichael Turner - Financial AdvisorSophia Grant - Customer Relations SpecialistDavid Nguyen - IT Support SpecialistJames Patel - Product Manager

When it was Ella's turn, she stood up, trying to steady her nerves. "Hello, everyone. I'm Ella Roberts, and I've been hired as a Sales Data Analyst."

Ms. Carter smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Ella. Now, we'll have a brief Q&A session to get to know you better."

Ella's heart raced as Lucas stood up, file still in hand. "Ella," he began, his voice smooth and authoritative, "can you explain how you would approach gathering and analyzing sales data to improve our quarterly projections?"

Ella took a deep breath. "Certainly. First, I would start by collecting data from various sources such as sales reports, customer feedback, and market trends. I would then use data analysis tools to identify patterns and insights. Based on these findings, I would develop strategies to optimize sales processes and increase revenue. Continuous monitoring and adjusting strategies based on real-time data would be key to ensuring ongoing improvement."

Lucas nodded, a hint of approval in his eyes. "Impressive," he said, his tone neutral but his gaze lingering on her a moment longer.

The Q&A session continued for another hour, with various questions directed at the new joiners. Finally, Ms. Carter concluded the meeting. "Thank you all for your introductions and responses. Welcome again to Myers Corporation. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions."

As everyone started to leave, Ella found herself at the back of the group, with Lucas just ahead of her. He turned at the door, that familiar smirk on his face. "This is going to be fun," he murmured, just loud enough for her to hear.

Ella felt a mixture of irritation and determination. She wasn't going to let Lucas intimidate her, no matter what. With her head held high, she walked out of the room, ready to face whatever challenges came her way.