From The Eyes of Others

(2 months after)
    (Bluey POV the day after Dates and Damage)
I woke up and slapped the alarm clock a little harder on account of staying up until 1:00 last night. Dad about whacked Mackenzie into next semester, but then I explained the situation, and Dad was unblinded by his emotions and gave him an awkward pat on the head, and rushed back in to avoid anymore of whatever just happened. We had a quick kiss, then I went back to bed. I went down for breakfast. I checked the time... 11:00?! Goddamn! Dad was helping Mum with the preparation of breakfast and Bingo was smirking at her phone.

"Morning Mum, Morning Dad." addressing the parental units.

"Bingo, who got you smiling like that?" I said, referencing the meme she knew well.

"N-no one Bluey." She said quickly exiting out of... Messages. I was right.

"You say so" I said to her, she looked a bit red.

"Breakfast has been served." Mum and Dad announced proudly.

I decided to ignore and just eat. I was starving after last night.

"So, Bluey, how was the date?" Mum asked in a cheerful manner

Both me and Dad froze up at the exact same time.

"Well? Did it not go well?" She said

I then elaborated as to what happened last night.

"First of all, send Jack my condolences. Second of all, Bandit! He is a child!" The Red Heeler said, addressing the situation.

"Ok I made it very clear she'd be home by 9:00! I had a bit of a freak out that SHE'D be the one the hospital, for injuries or from-"

"DAD YOU ARE DISGUSTING!" I said, cutting Dad off, not letting him finish that thought. Imagining him in that way... I can't think about that right now.

I wolfed down the rest of my breakfast and headed out. I was going to meet Kenz at the hospital to go console Rusty and see if Jack is OK.

When I arrived, I saw him waiting outside. I envisioned him in... that way. I shook it off slapped myself to get me warmed up, then went up to him

"Hey Kenz" I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek

"Hey Blueberry" He said, giving me one back. We held hands and went in. I was watching the TV while he got us all set up. Nothing much on. Just cricket. They're talking about the draft because that should start up so- is that Rusty's name there? Mackenzie was done and looked over and saw the same scene I did and had the same reaction. Still glaring at the TV he grabbed my shoulder and said: "T-they're ready for us"

"Yeah yeah ok." I said walking next to him down the hall.

Rusty is that damn good?

I shouldn't be worried about this right now, we're here for Jack, who's been shot. SHOT. I slap myself, then Mackenzie who almost walked into a vending machine.

"Thanks, I... appreciate that." He managed to mumble out

I slap him again then bring him down to a crouch (he's about 6 inches taller than me)

"Who are we here for?" I asked him

"Jack. And Rusty." He replied

"Mostly Jack!" I said, a bit worried if his mind is even on the hospital right now.

"Mm-hm yep." he said, his mind, suspicion confirmed, not in this place right now.