Let's get married !

Tu hawa jaise ghul jata mujh mein,
M

ujhe apna ghar, mil jata hai tujh mein,
Kaise, tu aisa kaise hai,

~ osho jain ( tu aisa kaise hai )

" Aap logon ko jo karna hai kijiye, main ja rahi hoon," Priya spoke in a tone laced with anger as she stormed out of the house.

[Do whatever you want, I am leaving.]

The frustration was quite evident in the fast steps she took to reach her home as soon as possible.

Her steps halted as she reached her usual place, the seaside near the sea link. Her eyes roamed around to find that one person when finally the voice reached her ears.

"Oo madam idhar," a man wearing a blue shirt and white pants waved at her from a little distance.

The eyes which held anger till now were filled with tears as she ran towards the man, wrapping her arms around him.

"Priya," the man spoke, concerned, trying to lift her face, but she being adamant kept her face pressed against his chest tightly.

"Ram, I am tired, very tired. Mujhse nahi ho raha, sabki itni expectations hain mujhse fulfill nahi ho pa rahi... main try kar rahi hoon, but nahi..." she blabbered until her throat clogged, making it difficult for her to speak.

"Shh..bacha, you are doing your best, I know it. I have been seeing it for years," Ram spoke, trying to console his love. He had witnessed her struggles, the sacrifices she made for her family, which were never enough for them.

Her bitter cries continued for minutes, breaking his heart into pieces. He stood there like her pillar, running his hand through her hair, kissing her forehead to soothe her pain.

As her cries subsided a little, he cupped her face, making her face him. Joining their foreheads, he spoke, "Let's get married."

The out-of-the-blue proposal shocked Priya. Baffled, she tried to create distance between them, but his hold was too strong to let her go.

"It has been enough. You have done more than you could. Everyone in your family is old enough to earn money for their survival and luxury,"

"Ram, aisa nahi..." she tried to protest but was sushed by him.

"You had started earning for your family when you were younger than them, they at least can earn for themselves. Aur rhi baat maa ki, hum dono hai na, milke khayal rakh lenge," he had seen enough tears of hers, no more.

"But," she murmured, unsure.

"Priya, we are 35, ab nahi to kab, hum kab tak dusro ke liye kaam karenge, khud ke liye jeete hai na ab, I want to have a family, build a home with you," his sentence gave her the insight of the years she had given to others, making her ponder over, ab nhi to kab ;

After about ten minutes of sitting beside him with her head rested on his shoulder, she finally came to a conclusion, "let's get married".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous title:- Home

~shivangi